34 | Winter Bliss

Brace yourself for a ~5k chapter filled with Bae moments, a rainbow-sprinkle of gay stuff, their iconic friendship moments, and just lots of headassery (this chapter is basically a mess)

Enjoy ((:

♣   ♣   ♣

I'm currently waiting behind a wobbly Tae with my skates on, grinning in amusement as he's trying to figure out how to step forward onto the rink without smashing his nose.

"Sometime today would be good," I tease, to which he looks back at me with a glare. But the frown quickly turns into a sad pout, his eyes growing big like a little puppy's. "Come on! The other ones have been skating for fifteen minutes already, just get on the damn ice!"

"I will, I will! Geez, I'm just trying to figure out how to not embarrass myself.."

I roll my eyes. "You want me to hold your hand or something?" I ask mostly sarcastically, but a ray of hope flashes in his eyes when I say it and he grabs my hand. "You're such a baby," I sigh as I step forward and tightening my grip on his hand. "Take one step down.. Good. And now the other."

My instructions successfully manages to guide him onto the ice, and not too long after I've also climbed down to stand next to him. Jungkook suddenly speeds past us like a flash out of nowhere, throwing a cocky smirk towards our direction that is most likely directed to Taehyung.

"I thought you'd climb down tomorrow!" he shouts now from the other side of the rink before making a sharp U-turn back to us, graciously cutting the ice with his skates and thus casting a cool snow-confetti effect while doing so. He repeats the same process when he approaches us, but directs the shaved ice flakes right into Taehyung's face -- with a critical hit. Taehyung looks everything but amused, and if you look close enough you can almost see his irises burst into flames.

"Well I'm sorry I haven't stood in a pair of skates on ice before!" Taehyung retorts.

"Neither did I but it was much easier than I thought," Jungkook says with a shrug. "You just gotta stop being a chicken, that's all." And with a last smug grin he takes off and proceeds to learn pirouettes.

Jungkook is definitely one of a kind.

"That arrogant shit," Taehyung growls through gritted teeth. "Let's see how well he can do a pirouette after I shove my skate into his ass-"

Those were the famous last words of Kim Taehyung before he proceeded to slide forward but instantly lost balance and face-planted on the ice. His pride may be gone but never forgotten.

I burst out laughing at him like the good girlfriend I am. "Do you need help?" I wheeze through my laughs, hunching down to help his ragdoll form up. He's pouting cutely when he's standing once again. I cup his cheeks with both my hands, inspecting if he injured himself.

"You don't seem to have broken anything," I conclude with a reassuring smile, trying to lift his mood. When he refuses to meet my gaze I tell him, "Hey, look at me." His eyes shift to meet mine. "Don't worry, okay? You'll get this eventually."

"But Jungkook-"

"Jungkook is just blessed with beginner's luck," I comfort him, though internally questioning myself as I said it. I arch my neck up and deliver a quick, gentle kiss on his lips before taking a hold of his hand and nudging him towards me, "Come on. I'll give you another kiss if you-" Taehyung's lips on mine interrupts what I was going to say, but I forgive him the moment he pulls away and blesses me with his boxy smile.