40 | Drunken Mess

Happy April fools! And no- this is an actual update, not a joke xD

Please read the author's note since there will be an important announcement regarding Stigma that I want you to be aware of (':

♣   ♣   ♣

The sound of a mini-earthquake next to my head caused by my phone's vibrations startles me awake from the first peaceful sleep I've had in weeks. Groaning in misery, I blindly flail with my hand until I grab onto the vibrating devil, only opening my eyes to a squint in hopes to not get blinded by the screen's brightness.

The fact that I can't even get one night of peaceful sleep.. Universe, why?

I succeed to pick up the call on my third attempted swipe.

"Jimin?" I mumble sleepily. "Somebody better be dying if you're calling me this late."

I hear him chuckle nervously.

"Heey Blueee," he replies a bit too cheerfully, instantly making me suspicious over whatever favor he's going to ask. "Did I wake you up?"

"It's frickin' two in the morning, I was milking my cow YES I WAS SLEEPING."

"I'm really sorry to wake you up like this, but there was no one else I could turn to.."

I knew it. "What is it?"

"I'm really sorry to ask you this and please please pleeease don't hang up-"

"I won't! Just drop the bombshell on me already."

I hear him inhale and exhale loudly. "So Jackson just called.. saying that Taehyung is a mess and someone needs to get him home. Apparently he's passed out on Jackson's parents bed."

My brain literally couldn't process what he said for ten seconds. This has to be a joke. Is this a dream? How does one voluntarily wake up from a dream?

"Please don't say you hung up.." he whines.

"Are you serious right now?" I finally mutter after accepting that this conversation was actually happening.

"I'm really sorry, trust me if there was anyone else I could've called, I would. I know that he's the last person you want to see right now but there's no one else who can get him."

"Why can't you get him?"

"I'm in Jeju with my family. Yoongi, Kook, Joon and Jin are also out of town. Hoseok is with Areum's family somewhere I heard, too. I checked with all of them before I called you so you're literally my only hope."

I scrunch my eyes tight, feeling the nervousness crawling under my skin causing my heartbeat to increase. "Jimin I don't know.. Why can't they just call an uber for him?"

"They don't know where he lives and they can't get any words out of him. Trust me, he's so drunk he won't even be able to recognize you. Just.. please, do it for me. See it as returning me the favor for helping you study."

God damn it.. I could just hang up and ignore him, but I honestly don't have the heart to do it. If he's that drunk then all I have to do is get him home. No talking.. no conversation.