♡ Thank You ♡

Final  author's  note:

I began writing Stigma back in July, 2017. And today, May 9th 2020 marks the day I finally finished this long project that turned into something so precious and special to me, more than I could've ever imagined back then.

The funny thing is, Stigma turned out much, much different than I initially had planned; it turned into something much, much better. 

166 464 words & 441 pages on google documents is what Stigma became. I still have a love-hate relationship to my longass chapters, and I'm genuinely sorry for making you read through my sometimes 7.5k+ chapters. Even if you've read this far, I'm beyond honored and thankful.

I read every single comment. I see every single vote. I check out every profile that has ever added Stigma to their reading lists. And each and every one of you.. I appreciate you. More than you can imagine. Every time I feel insignificant or not good enough, I go into the comment sections and read through all the nice messages you beautiful people leave me, and it makes me all warm and smiley again. It's thanks to you that I've had the energy to invest so much into this story, because there's nothing I want more than to give you what you deserve: which is the utterly best of my abilities.

There were of course times that I thought I should quit, especially when I was so busy or empty-minded that I couldn't sit down and produce a single sentence. I hate to make people wait, but it's a flaw of mine to overthink until I go blank, leaving you waiting for months sometimes for chapters. So being here, writing this, finally finished the biggest project I've ever gotten myself into, is mindblowing to me.

I deeply and honestly hope that this book has given you joy and entertainment. For people who haven't written a book, I can tell you that it's not an easy task. This is the first book I've ever finished, and the feeling is indescribable. I feel relieved, happy, but somehow saddened. I'm sad to leave these characters that's been constantly on my mind for almost 3 years. I'll miss being excited to post a dramatic chapter and see all your comments and smile at them. But I feel like we've come to a point where we can say goodbye to Blue, Tae, Areum and everyone else with light and content hearts.

I've been keeping track of Stigma's growth ever since the first chapter was posted. I had 4 followers and I was excited to get back to writing after a long, long break. Honestly, I cringe every time I read my old chapters (I've saved the old version of Stigma's first 19 chapters before I edited them) and I'm glad it took a while before more readers started to find Stigma.

♣ First chapter posted August 3rd 2017

♣ 1k reads reached February 2018, 19 chapters
♣ 2k reads reached May 5th 2018, 20 chapters
[Major editing spree that finished August 2018]
♣ 4k reads October 8th, 2018, 25 chapters

♣ 7k reads January 7th, 2019, 27 chapters
♣ 9k reads March 4th, 2019, 30 chapters
♣ 10k reads April 3rd, 2019, 30 chapters
[Here's when Stigma had a major growth spurt! I'm still shook to this day over how & why it happened, but it certainly made my entire 2019 better!]
♣ 15k reads May 10th, 2019, 30 chapters
♣ 20k reads & 1k votes June 1st, 2019, 31 chapters
♣ 30k reads August 12th, 2019, 32 chapters
♣ 40k reads November 5th, 2019, 34 chapters

♣ 50k reads January 6th, 2020, 36 chapters
♣ 60k reads April 3rd, 2020, 40 chapters

Today, May 9th 2020: 65k reads & 3.2k votes