6

"Mommy." Beth said softly as she walked into the small hotel bathroom.

"What's up, B?" Quinn asked as she put her curling iron down on the counter.

"How come we never get to stay late at Finn's?" Beth wondered.

Quinn looked at her daughter. "We're going somewhere tonight. It'll be fun."

"I don't wanna go." Beth said as she folded her arms. "I wanna play with Finn and Rachie."

"We'll see them tomorrow before we go back to New Haven." Quinn promised.

"No." Beth shook her head.

"I'll see if they're free on Monday, and if they are, I'll let you skip school." Quinn told Beth.

Beth paused for a moment. "I don't wanna go."

"Can I tell you where we're going tonight?" Quinn requested. "And then you can decide."

Beth nodded.

"We're going to a concert." Quinn informed her daughter.

"For who?" Beth wondered.

"You'll have to come and see." Quinn said. "We have front row tickets and we might even get to go backstage."

Beth raised her eyebrow. "Okay."

"You'll go?" Quinn questioned Beth.

"Yeah, but only if you help me look pretty like you." Beth replied.

"You always look pretty." Quinn smiled and kissed the top of Beth's head. "I love you, B."

"I love you, too, Mommy." Beth grinned as she hugged Quinn.