One

ELI

As Junior Mafia's Get Money blasted through my car speakers I couldn't help but to rap along with the chorus. It was the motto I currently lived by, fuck nigga's get money, fuck bitches get money. Nothing else in my life was a greater priority right now than my money, my business. I came along way and it wasn't easy. Everything I had I worked hard for and I wasn't given no handouts.

I was in a lane all on my own, one of a kind. A 23-year-old tomboy, you would have thought I would have outgrown it by now but nope. I just loved to dress comfortably but you would never catch me looking sloppy. Everything I put on I made look good. I've worn makeup and dresses in the past but to catch me rocking anything other than sneakers, timbs or lip gloss was very rare.

Being tom boy and having short hair I always got asked questions about my sexuality from ignorant people who automatically assumed because I dressed the way I dressed and rocked short hair that I was a lesbian. I wasn't and it didn't help that I broke up with my ex boyfriend three years ago and haven't been with anyone since. Being tied down to somebody was furthest thing from my mind right now. If it wasn't about money or business, then we had nothing to discuss.

Before my brother died, I made a promise I would go to college, find a career, settle down, and all that. He wanted the best for me and I wanted the same but after he died college and all that got but on the back burner. For months after he died all I could think about was revenge and even after I got it nothing changed. I had no desire to go to college, work for somebody else and make them rich. I wanted to be my own boss and with the money Vin left me I opened my Vanity, my four part beauty salon. 

Who would have thought a tomboy such as myself would open up a beauty salon? I thought long and hard about what people couldn't go without and besides for food and it was looks. Women loved to look good, hair, nails, makeup and waxing and Vanity provided all of those things. Opening up the salon was the smartest decision I've ever made.

I opened up the shop with the money my brother left. I didn't want to go out and spend it on something stupid and I knew he would be proud of what I did. He always told me that I should invest my money and make it work for me and I did just that. Vanity wasn't my only hustle though.

Trell, Vin's best friend got out the game right around the time my brother was killed. With his money he opened up several businesses one of them being Luxe, his night club. Every weekend you could catch me spinning at the DJ booth and getting the crowd hype. I picked up deejaying when I was about 17 and over the years I practiced and practiced even harder one Vin died. It took Trell about a year but he finally hired me after I practiced and got better. I had two beat out two other DJ's for the job and I won fair and square. 

Today I was heading into Vanity to do inventory and to check up on things. When I wasn't here Tiffany was in charge. Not only was she the head manager, but she was my best friend and we lived with each other. The funny thing was we were complete opposites but when we met we clicked. She understood me and I never had to worry about her being disloyal or using me like some of my so called friends in the past.

Getting out of my black and yellow dodge charger and hit the locks before making my way inside the salon. It was Friday, our busiest day of the week so I wasn't surprised by how crazy it was and it was only one in the afternoon. Everyone was busy so I headed on back to my office and closed the door behind me.

I took of my jacket and hung it on the coat hook on the back of the door and sat down behind my desk and powered on my computer. I had everything I needed in this office which I would need to function for the next few hours. A mini fridge in the corner stocked with drinks and a shelf full of snacks. After I entered in my password and my computer finished booting up I got busy.