Sixteen

Eli

"Pass the ball!"

I ignored Wiz still tripping that they put me on the same team as him. I didn't mind it at first, that was until I realized his ass couldn't play for shit. With that being said ain't no way I was going to pass his ass the ball. I dribbled down the court, dodged Luke by doing a quick spin move and made my shot knowing it would land. Swish..

"That's my best friend," Tiffany cheered from the benches on the sidelines. I didn't have no time to celebrate because the game was still going. My team consisted of Wiz, myself, Geo and Travis a guy that the boys hustled with. On the other team was Matt, Luke and two guys that they knew.

"I was open," Wiz fussed at me but I ignored him jogging down the court, it was amazing how he was getting on me for not passing him the ball but Geo and Travis refused to pass him the ball either after he messed around and got the ball stolen, twice. Everyone had put up a thousand dollars each, a total of 8000 dollars in all. The winning team would take all the cash, two thousand dollars each and bragging rights so you could see why I didn't care to pass him the ball.

I had no time to worry about him, my eyes were on the money and the boys weren't taking it easy on me. Not after they saw that I was a force to be reckoned with. Someone Wiz ended up getting the ball only for him to dribble and the ball hit his shoe and rolled away causing one of the other guys on the other team to snatch it up.

"Come on yo'," Geo fussed at Wiz but I didn't waste no time tripping. We were playing to 21 and our team had 18 points while Matt's team had 19 points. There was no way I was about to lose. I stole the ball from Matt and did a swift move and moved down the court, Wiz was open but I played it up. I faked like I was passing him the ball to throw everyone off and made a clean three pointer.

The boys cursed and fought to grab control of the ball but Matt ended up getting it just to have Travis slap it just as he went to put it up. After that Wiz grabbed the ball and I figured we were about to lose, he ran down the court and ended up losing control of the ball, once a-fucking-gain. One of the other guys from the other team grabbed the ball, ran down the court and landed the shot that ended the game.

While the guys bragged and rubbed it in our faces I couldn't help but to side eye Wiz. He was shaking his head and mumbling to himself trying to save face, "I shouldn't have wore this shoes, plus my fucking pants kept falling down."

"When we playing again," I asked ready to win my money back.

"You ready to lose more money," Luke asked nudging me playfully.

"Fuck you. We wouldn't have lost shit if-"

I stopped myself from saying what I wanted to say. I was trying to turn over a new leaf and my main problem was holding my tongue but I was getting better at it.

"Good job baby," Tiffany joined us on the court and kissed his cheek causing me to roll my eyes.

"If what," Wiz asked mugging me like he knew exactly I was about to say before I stopped myself. I ignored him because I was trying to be good and he didn't know what I was going to say, not my fault his ass was insecure and knew that his ass was the real reason we lost. The whole situation was funny to me so I laughed, I didn't even say shit and his ass was just itching to start something with me.

Wiz was sitting there, "Yeah keep laughing with your retarded looking ass."

I looked to my left and my right because I knew damn well his ass wasn't talking to me not being able to hold my tongue anymore.

"Why is this goofy ass nigga even speaking to me," I asked out loud to no one in particular.

This is why I couldn't along with him. He would stay mugging me and talking shit for no reason at all. I haven't liked him from day one and he hasn't liked me. He was always acting tough with me but I've never seen him get bad with anyone else.