Twenty One

Eli

Yesterday I woke up single but this morning I woke up in a relationship. I still couldn't believe it myself. I could barely believe it when I woke up with a sleeping Chance lying next to me and still could barely believe it as I watched him get dressed for the day as I did the same.

He got dressed in a dark gray button up, black slacks and black fancy shoes looking like he was about to step in somebodies courtroom. While he was looking like money I threw on a pair of joggers and a plain white t-shirt, some of my spare clothes I had in the guest room. Instead of combing my hair I ran my hands through my hair and sat on the edge of the bed with my chin on my knee watching him put on his watch.

"Where are you going," I asked.

"Trying to keep tabs on my already," he looked over his shoulder and smirked at me.

"No...it was just a question."
"I'm kidding. I have meetings so I'm heading into the club but first my uncle wants to see me about something."

I wanted to ask him what Money wanted to speak to him about because from personal experience Money rarely called you up just cause he wanted to kickback. It was always more to the story but wasn't trying to come off as one of those nosy ass girls who had to know her mans every whereabout.

"Where are you off to," he asked me.

"My place and then to the studio."

"Studio?"
Now it was his turn to question me.

"Yes this guy I know wants to hear some of my beats and wants me to work on a track for him."
"Do I know this guy?"
"Probably not but maybe you've seen him around."
He nodded his head and I could tell he had more to say but kept it to himself. If this was Key then he would start tripping and asking me who would be there and how they looked at me and be checking up on me every hour. But he wasn't Key and I hated that I was comparing Chance to that bum.

Instead he walked over to where I sat on the bed and leaned down and kissed me and that was the end of that. Once we were both dressed he held my hand as we left his house as he promised me that next time I stayed over we could go out to breakfast but since he was running late he had to go. He grabbed a piece of fruit on his way out but I needed real food and told him I would grab something on my way home. I had to hurry up because I was late myself.

He walked me to my car and even opened my door for me and helped me inside and then kissed me and wished me a good day and promised he would call me before shutting my door. As I started my car and buckled up at his request I knew that all of this was going to take some time for me to get used to but so far so good.

In the next hour I grabbed some food and ate on my way home and when I got home hopped in the shower as I thought about last night. I didn't know what came over me last night. From walking in on Chance and Stephanie and then asking Chance if I could come over. Yes I was jealous, Stephanie had no business putting her crusty lips on Chance and Chance had no business kissing her. I believed him when he said that he didn't kiss her so that made me feel better but still.

Last night I was all over the place, I would just blame it on the alcohol but I knew it was more than that. I didn't know how to act because I'd never been put in that situation before. I still can't believe I tried to have sex with him and he turned me down. Either way I got what I wanted and I was happy.

Once I got to the studio I checked my phone but saw nothing from Chance and put my phone on silent. When I walked in I spotted Q in the booth singing and he sounded good. Almost as good as August Alsina but I would never say that shit out loud.