Twenty Three

Eli

 Two Week Later...

I've been off the market for two weeks now and things between me and Chance were still in transition mode. I could tell he was into all of this romance shit, we didn't see much of each other during the weekdays but he was always calling me, texting me and even had flowers delivered to the salon and to my place. I felt soft for even thinking it but he made me feel special. I had never felt this way about anyone, ever and never thought anyone would feel the way he feels about me.

I didn't know much about being nobody's girlfriend but I was willing to go above and beyond for Chance without a doubt because he was always going above and beyond for me. I wasn't down for going against myself to try to impress him but I was down for making a few changes and putting in some more effort in and doing something special for him.

Tonight I was going to do something that was all new to me and I had it all mapped out in my head, I just hoped things turned out like I needed them to. I knew he was going to be busy all day at the club so my first stop was to stop by and bring him lunch. I figured it was the least I could do plus I wanted to see him and ask him what time he was going to be home.

When I got to the club I knocked on his door and peaked my head in only to see he was on the phone. I didn't let that stop me and walked in and from the look on his face I could tell he was happy to see me but whoever he was talking to on the other line he wasn't so happy with. He told whoever it was he had to go and hung up the phone and stood up from his chair to greet me.

"If I knew you were coming I would have went downstairs to meet you," he took it from me and kissed my cheek and sat the bag down on his desk.

"It's fine. I'm sorry about coming by without calling."
"Its okay. I'm happy to see you," he motioned for me to come here and I walked over to him and he wrapped his arms around me in a hug, "And that you brought us food."

"Not us, just you. I can't stay."

"Your not going to stay and eat with me?"

He had his hands on either side of my hips as we faced each other and it was a foreign feeling but I liked when he touched me and treated me like I was just another women. He didn't treat me any different then when I was rocking sweatpants vs when I actually put a little more effort into my appearance.

"No busy day. I just wanted to see you and I wanted to know what time you plan on getting home tonight?"
"You plan on coming over."

"Maybe," I didn't want to give too much away, "If you want company."

He didn't have a choice but I pretended to give him an option even though I already knew he would want me to come over. Especially since we hadn't seen much of each other all week. I may have that one time but I don't think I was ready to be spending the night and wearing out my welcome. Tonight though, I was all for it.

"You know I'd never turn down the opportunity to spend time with you."

He leaned down and stole a quick kiss from me.

"So I guess I'll see you later tonight then," I agreed.

"That easy? No argument or smart comment?"
"I'm not always difficult am I?"
"No. You've been on your best behavior the past two weeks."

"I know."

I felt myself changing for the better and it's only been two weeks. I had a lot to look forward to and I was happy, he made me happy and tonight I was going to show him just how happy he made me.