Thirty Five

Eli

"Sorry," I apologized as I walked in the shop. It was safe to say that I underestimated Chance and the power of sex in general. I think I woke up the beast in Chance last night. Not that I was complaining but I was glad to get away from his ass. 

"It's cool, we were happy to wait on you. It's not like we had anything else important to do this morning," Lauren spoke sarcastically as she worked on a clients hair. 

"Did the shipments get here yet?"
"Not yet," Bri spoke as she worked on a client. I was supposed to be here before we opened but I blame it all on Chance. He caught me off guard in the shower and that's why I was late and that's why I was looking like a damn wet poodle.

"What did you do, go swimming this morning," Lauren was the first one to point out the fact that my hair was messed up since she just did it yesterday afternoon. Now I needed it done again.

"No I got it wet in the shower,"

"I just did it."

"It was an accident, I forgot my shower cap," I told her walking over to the receptionist desk and sitting my stuff down. When I turned back around to look at Lauren she was giving me the side eye.

"What?"
"Nothing," she glanced away from me and at her clients head before glancing back at me, "Hair all fucked up and walking funny...mhmm."

"Lauren don't start."

"Start what, I'm just making an observation not to mention this glow."

No matter how hard I tried to play it cool it seemed like Lauren always saw through me.

"Mind your business," I told her trying not to smile but I failed.

"You and Chance had sex," Lauren yelled out causing me to suck my teeth and sigh at her loud and nosey ass.

"About time," Bri cosigned. I couldn't deal with them and I needed to go and sit down so I picked up my stuff and headed towards my office.

"Where are you going," Lauren called after me, "We want details. You can't leave us hanging."

No way was I about to tell all of these nosey girls in here my business. Like always I let the speculate and think what they want.

"From the way she was walking it must have been good."

They were all crazy.

"Real good, coming in here hair all fucked up and everything."

"You better go soak in the tub and toughen it out. Trust me, there are plenty of girls out there who are willing to go above and beyond and do all the things you won't," Lauren called behind me.
"Oh my god," I mumbled finally getting inside of my office and halfway closing the door behind me. I couldn't help but smile as I sat down because they were right, it was good once I got past the pain. More than good actually and the thing about it was I could tell Chance was taking it easy on me.

I knew Lauren was right though about girls doing what I couldn't do and me and Chance talked about it after our first round. I admitted that I didn't know much about sex but he told me all I needed was practice and a good teacher before we went into round 2 and I was willing to learn and take anything he threw at me, pun intended.

About thirty minutes passed before the delivery guy showed up and I checked and rechecked to make sure everything I ordered was there and in good condition before signing off on the order. I decided to hang out a while longer but dodged questions about last night when someone walked in and it was one of the last people I expected to ever see in my shop again.