Thirty Four

Chance

Tonight we were celebrating the release of Q's mix tape, yes Q. I can admit I was a bit jealous at first not only hearing the music they made but seeing Q and Eli interact but who could blame me. It was obvious that he had a bit of a crush on her but I realized there was no need to feel any way because Eli was with me. A big part of that had to do with her telling me she loved me and I knew that neither her or I would do anything to jeopardize what we had.

Plus I had a conversation with Q and we've been interacting with each other and he was a cool and laid back so I could see why him and Eli got along so well. I had dropped her off or picked her up from the studio where they were working a few times and I could see that she enjoyed learning new things and perfecting her craft so I support her 100%.

Even though everyone else was partying and having a good time I was still hard at work surveying the club and making sure everything goes right. Stephanie was out of town so it was all up to me tonight to make sure everything ran the way it was supposed to. Of course I couldn't be all work and no play, at least not with Eli in the building.

At my request I had the DJ play one of my favorites songs from the mix tape At The Club and from the way the crowd reacted it was safe to say that Eli and Q had caught the ears of all the club goers. The DJ started the song from the top but not before shouting out Eli and Q in the VIP.

Q and Eli were all smiles as I made my way over dancing to the song as I walked. When Eli spotted me dancing her way her face was priceless and when I reached her she busted out laughing.

"What are you doing?"

"Dancing, am I embarrassing you?"

"Not as bad as your embarrassing yourself," Q spoke from next to her causing Eli to laugh again before fixing her face when she noticed me staring at her.

"That's funny to you," I asked her and then focused my attention on Q, "You think you can do better?"

"We can battle it out on the dance floor anytime," Q told me cockily.

"We can go right now," I joked causing Eli to put her hand to my chest and stare between Q and me.

"This is not You Got Served," Eli spoke up causing me and Q to laugh.

"He would have been the one getting served," Q added.
Eli shook her head looking between the both of us, "Ya'll are lame as fuck."

"Anyway I want to say thanks again for tonight," Q thanked me.

"I told you it's cool, I'm happy for the both of you and the crowd is loving it."
"When you get big and famous don't forget about me," Eli told him.

"You mean when we get famous, I'm not the only one on the songs."

"I'm not interested in fame. I did it for the experience and if I were you I would go down and introduce myself to some of those girls down there," she pointed down below at all the girls dancing to their music and having a good time.

"Your right," Q popped his imaginary collar before walking off, Eli chuckled at him and turned her attention to me.

"So you want to dance," Eli asked me.

"You," I pointed at her, "Are actually asking me to dance?"
"Yes, problem?"

"No problem at all," I took her by the hand, if she wanted to dance then that's what we would do even though Eli's definition of dancing was a two step and swaying from side to side but that was her. We danced and had a good time but I still had club business to attend to so I couldn't stay with her for long. I kept an eye on her all night though and showed my face when I wasn't too busy. Halfway through the night Geo and Luke showed up and by the time the club closed the boys headed out with whoever they picked up for the night and as I finished up everything I needed to do Eli stayed in my office to wait for me.