Forty

So much for our vacation. I should have still been enjoying the warm weather and fresh air, chilling on the beach and laid up in the bed with my man but no. We were on a plane back to New York and I wasn't happy about it at all. After I suddenly got my memory back last night things took a turn for the worst and it was all him.

After I told him I thought I knew who tried to kill me he asked me me start from where I remembered. Everything I said had to be facts because he told me that it all happened so I knew I wasn't crazy. Then I went on to tell him about what I overheard and my accident and he just stared at me blankly with his jaw clenched in silence.

I waved my hand over his face and when that didn't get his attention I shook him and he claimed he was fine. I tried to finish eating, tried talking, tried telling jokes even though my ass wasn't funny. I even tried kissing him and a little touching but I could tell he wasn't into it. It was my fault for being dumb enough to think that we could go back to normal after I told him that his best friend could have been the one to run me off the road.

We cleaned up in silence until he finally said the words I knew were coming, that we needed to head back to New York. We left his house in a rush and headed back to the hotel. I sat on the bed while Chance packed up his suitcase. He was going back and forth making sure he didn't miss anything while I laid back on the bed deep in thought.

"This would go a lot faster if you helped me."

He started off neatly folding his clothes but now he was just tossing stuff into the suitcase without a second thought.

"I don't see why we have to go back home right now."

That made him stop packing and look at me, "I don't understand why your so calm or better yet how you expect me to be calm knowing Wiz is involved."

"I'm calm because it's been months since my accident, if they wanted to really kill me they could have finished the job by now."
"Why would you say something like that?"

I sighed at his sensitive ass and decided to take a different approach, "I just don't want to go back, not right now."
I knew once we got back and once Chance told the boys and Money about what happened to me it was going to be cautious. Not just because they tried to kill me but because Wiz was working with police and there was no telling what he had told them or what they had found out or seen.

"I know you don't want to go and I don't either. I would love to stay and forget about what you told me but I can't. He tried to kill you and he's been working for whoever all this time. We have to go back."

"I know."

There was no point in fighting it anymore and he was right, of course he was. We had to tell the boys as soon as possible and Money before it was too late.

"I wouldn't be able to enjoy the rest of my time here with what you just told me and I know deep down you wouldn't either."

I nodded, again he was right, "Can we at least stop by Trell and Missy's so I can see King before we go and say goodbye to your parents?"

I didn't want to up and leave without saying goodbye and luckily Chance agreed, "Of course so get up and help me pack."

And that's how that went and now we were back in New York, as happy as I was to be back home I wasn't happy about the circumstances. Chance had been too damn quiet and I think he was up to something because on the way to the airport back in Georgia I fell asleep in the car and I swore I heard him on the phone with someone. When I woke up he claimed he was talking to his brother but I wasn't dumb.