Thirty Seven

Chance

I barely slept at all but I guess that's what I get for working myself up last night thinking I was going to get some. It was just my luck that Eli got her cycle the day after we had sex for the first time. When she told me she was off yesterday morning I had plans to go back to the hotel that night and do anything but sleep. My mom suggesting we stay the night put a wrench in those plans.

Since I didn't get any sleep last night I decided to get up and blow off some steam and go for an early morning jog. It was something I didn't get to do back in New York so I decided to take advantage of the fresh air and greenery. I was a bit out of shape from where I was but I pushed myself. By the time I made it back in the house it was a little after seven so I stopped off in the kitchen to grab some water.

After grabbing a water bottle from the fridge and chugging it down I turned around and jumped when I saw Eli standing in front of me with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Where having you been," was the first thing out her mouth.

"I went for a jog," I motioned to all the sweat I had dripping.

"You went for a jog, in that," she motioned to my clothes or lack thereof. I had on a sleeveless shirt but it was early morning and around here it got hot pretty quick so I ditched my shirt, "Your half naked."

"I'm not naked. It got hot so I took off my shirt."

"Mmm," she watched me for the longest time, "I bet your old ass neighbors really loved that. Seeing you running, dripping sweats, abs, chocolate."

At first I thought she was playing but after what she just said I realized she was jealous.

"You act like me running without a shirt on is a crime."

"It is. How would you like it if I went jogging, half naked, letting strangers eye fuck me."

"It's early. I barely even ran into anyone and no one was eye fucking me. Your overreacting."

"Am I? I don't think so-"

"What is all this noise," my mom said coming into the kitchen in her robe. She glanced between the both of us and her eyes settled on me, "And why are you naked?

"Mama-"
She held up her hand shutting me up, "I don't want to hear it, go put on a shirt. I don't want to hear nothing when your walking around here dying from ammonia."

She was acting like it was winter time when in reality the sun hadn't come up to long ago and it already felt ninety degrees outside.

"My goodness," my mom looked me over, "Do you walk around naked like this all the time?"
"I'm not naked. I went for a run and it got hot so I took my shirt off mid run."
"So not only do you walk around the house half naked you go outside exposing what should only be seen my Eli to the whole world?"

Eli cocked her head to the side pursing her lips at me agreeing with my mom but fixed her face and tried to play it off when my mom glanced at her.

"The whole world," I questioned, "Mom-"
"Leave my kitchen and go put on some clothes. Now," she pointed for me to leave her kitchen and I sighed glancing at Eli who was laughing at me but tried not to make it so obvious.

"Now Eli since your down here you save me the trouble of going up to get you. My boy told me you can't cook and that's a shame so we need to work on that."

It was my turn to smile now, Eli glanced at me with pleading eyes like she wanted me to save her but I ignored her and left the kitchen with a smile on my face. Payback.