Twenty Five

Eli

I spent my morning and most of my afternoon in the studio with Q. Today was the day that me and Chance were supposed to be having our talk and I was still pissed about what happened. Before my shift at the club I met up with Tiff, Matt, Luke and Geo at a restaurant not too far from the club. Kicking back with them was just what I needed, that was until Chance walked in causing my whole mood to go sour.

I thought I had some time before I had to face him but obviously one of these nigga's had to tell him where I was. As everyone greeted him I finished pulling up the song I was looking for on my phone I was excited for them to hear. He didn't make a big deal over me not saying hi to him and insisted on squeezing next to me. Once he was seat he leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"Aww," Tiffany cooed being extra.

"So I guess ya'll two really are together huh," Geo said looking back and forth between the two of us but I ignored them all, Chance included as I found what I was looking for.

"I found it."

I made them all quiet down so I could play them the song. I was upset that Chance had popped up but then again maybe he was right on time as I pressed play.

The song started off with Q and his first verse, I looked around to see their faces, of course the boys weren't going to show me any type of support but Tiffany snapping her fingers and dancing in her seat. Then it went into the chorus.

"My part's coming next," I let them know.

You hit my phone I got your message

I'm not tryna curve ya I see your effort

If we take our time this will be special

Why you gotta be so extra and aggressive?

I'm feelin you too it's just too much pressure

Don't you-Don't you-Don't you let up

It's gonna make sense in a minute

Ain't been in love in a minute

I'm a let the rumors go, let em finish

Sometimes what you're looking for is right up in your face

Don't go chasin waterfalls

God put me in your space and I'm a believer

I should stop runnin, no more teasin

Cause you gave me more than 25 reasons

I let the song finish playing out before I cut off the music so I could see what they all thought, "So?"

"So you making love songs now? I thought you were supposed to be a gangsta," Matt joked.

"It's not a love song."

"It is kind of a love song," Tiffany agreed with Matt, "But it was good, you need to send it to me. I can't wait to hear the rest of what you and Q are working on."