Chapter Five

Milan

The night I decided to stay at hotel because the thought of staying in a house where someone was murdered really bothered me.

I sat on the edge of the king size hotel bed, putting on my red pointed-toe Burberry pumps. I stood up and checked how I looked in my red and black silk-crepe Burberry dress. "Pokin' for some" I said and giggled.

I grabbed my coach business bag and black Burberry tote and headed out the door. I pressed the elevator button and waited for it to come. A beautiful black woman holding a little girls hand that looked around the age of eight came up. "Good morning." she said with a smile.

"Good morning. That's such a adorable little girl." I said.

"Isn't she? Her name is Miley." she said and played with the little girls puffy hair.

The elevator doors opened and all three of us got on. I pressed the main level button. The doors closed and we all stood inside quietly as it went down. The bell rung letting us know we were on the main floor then the doors opened.

We all stepped off and went our separate ways. I went to valet to get my car, which was already parked out front because I had called down ahead of time. The valet handed me the car keys and I got inside and headed for work.

Thirty minutes later, I got to the office and went inside where I was immediately greeted by Big K. "Milan, can I talk to you in private?"

"Umm sure." I said then I followed him to his office.

"Have a seat." he said.

I sat down in one of the white leather chairs that was in front of his desk and he sat in a office chair behind his desk. He put his hands on the desk and locked them then he just stared at me and sighed.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

He opened a drawer and pulled out the broken photo that I had found in my desk. "Where did you get this?"

"Its was in my desk." I answered. He didn't say anything, he just stared at the picture. "Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Mh yes." he said. "I'm going to give you your first task. Are you ready?"

"Of course." I said anxiously.

"You and Elle are going to go Miami and meet with a potential client." he said.

"Great." I said.

"I'm going to give you some paper work and you are going to let the client sign them and bring them back. Elle is going to tell you the rest of the info. Your flight leaves at 1:00pm." he explained.

"One o'clock today?" I asked.

"Yes. Will that be a problem?"

"No. Not at all." I said.

"Great. Have a nice flight." he said.

I got up and walked out of the room then I made my way up to my office, but on the way I decided to stop by Elle's office. Her door was wide open and she was on the computer. I knocked on her door.

"Hey Milan, come in." she said with a smile.

"Hey." I said then I walked in and sat in a chair that was in front of her desk.

"Ready for this trip?" she asked.

"Yes Miami. I love it." I said. "I need to ask you something."

"What is it?" she asked.

"Do you know of anyone by the name of Quincy Jones?" I asked. I knew that Rich had said the girl on the photo was missing, but I figured why would a "missing person" live in the same town and not go home.