Chapter Six

Quincy

"So you got a plan yet?" Rich asked as he sat comfortably in the passenger seat.

"Nahh. Not quite. I just know everything has to go smoothly." I said then I turned the corner to see cop cars everywhere and yellow tape around my house. "What the fuck?"

I pulled over and began to get out the car. "Dude, what are you doing?" Rich asked and grabbed my arm.

"What man? My kids are in there." I said angrily.

"I know, but if you go up there, they going to arrest you. Do you know how long you been running from the law? Look ill go over there and find out whats going on." he said.

"Okay, but if you don't tell me whats up in ten minutes, I might be getting arrested." I said, carelessly.

I didn't care about getting arrested at that moment. I just wanted to make sure my kids were okay.

Rich got out of the car and I watched him as he held up the yellow crime scene tap and walked underneath. My view of him disappeared because of cops cars and ambulances everywhere.

My phone rung and I saw it was Rich calling. "Whats up? What you see?"

"Man, there blood right in front of the front door." he said.

"Does it look like a body was there?" I asked.

"Yeah for a little while, but I think who ever it was got up and walked away." He said.

"Check upstairs." I said and ran my hand threw my mini fro.

I heard Rich's big footsteps going up the stairs. "Yo, its blocked off. I think I see a body."

"What?" I jumped. "Who is it?"

"I don't know. Looks kind of masculine, like a grown man." he said.

I took deep breaths in relief. "Well, do you see the kids anywhere?"

"Nah." he said.

"FUCK." I yelled and I gripped the steering wheel tightly. "Do you think who ever did this got them?"

"I don't fucking know. I hope not. I hope the cops don't have them either." I said.

Rich

I walked back outside the house. "I'm going to see what the cops know and then ill come to car." I hung up the phone.

I walked to one of the cops that was standing with his hands in his pockets. "Excuse me officer."

The bald Caucasian cop turned to me with no expression. "What are you doing here? This is a crime scene."

"I know, but I want to know what happened here." I said.

"We are not sure. We believe it was a robbery gone wrong, the perpetrator went to the door and shot whoever opened it, he went upstairs assuming the victim was dead, the victim followed him upstairs, shot him, and left." he said.

"Do you think there were any other people in the house?" I asked, trying to see about the kids, but not ask upfront because I was afraid it would cause me problems.

"Nope, just the two." he said.

"Any suspects?" I asked.

"Nope." he said. "I suggest you leave the scene. Your making me suspicious."

I left and went back to the car.

Milan

I woke up to the sound of the hotel phone ringing. I reached over and picked it up. "Hello." I answered.