Chapter 6

"I'm pleased to say that this year I've decided to choose someone...unexpected," A low grumble of questions was heard all around the room, including Cassie's, "Congratulations, Louis Tomlinson. You'll be joining me this weekend for the event. Please meet me at my office right away. You're all dismissed, get back to work immediately.

As soon as Mr. Styles started walking away, I could feel angry stares coming at me while I was still processing what had happened. In a matter of seconds, he had chosen me, of all people, and I didn't understand why. When people started walking out of the conference room, I heard a couple of co-workers mutter swear words and complain and when I turned my head, Cassie wasn't there anymore.

---

I was completely stunned. I hadn't even considered being chosen, since I figured he disliked me so much. Every day, I have to deal with heavy orders and words from Mr. Styles and it was beyond me how he had chosen me. I was sure there were a lot more deserving people out there. I almost felt guilty about having won.

As I walked to Mr. Styles' office, people were staring at me and giving me dirty looks. I felt really uncomfortable under their gazes but I tried my best to ignore them. After all, I didn't submit myself to this. If anything, they should complain to the boss himself, but anyone with a right mind would know better than to defy Mr. Styles. It was simply suicide.

Anyways, shrugging the harsh looks off, I stood in front of Mr. Style's glass door and knocked out of politeness. When I heard his deep voice from the other side, I pushed it open and peeked inside. As usual, he was on his computer and looked up when I awkwardly stood in front of his desk and bit down on my lip out of habit. No wonder they didn't look or feel as smooth as they should.

"Sit," He ordered. I sat down on the black plush leather seats and cringed when my butt squeaked against the seat. My cheeks blushed and I swear I saw Mr. Styles smirk. It was gone as soon as it came, but I swear he did it.

"So..." I started, "You chose me to go with you to the event..."

He raised an eyebrow, "Is there any problem, Mr. Tomlinson?"

"N-No," I stuttered, "I was just wondering why...I mean, there's probably people who've been here longer and maybe they're more deserving and-"

"Louis," He spoke deeply, interrupting me, "I chose you because I felt like this experience would give you better insight on the business world. It's your first job and you still have a lot to learn, so why not?"

"I-I guess that makes sense," I said while picking at my nails.

"Of course it does," He boasted, "Why wouldn't it?"

"I-I don't..."

"Anyways," He shut me off, "I need you to book our room in the hotel and organize our flight to Manchester. I've sent you an email with every indication. It's also your responsibility to manage my schedule, I'm sure you know the drill. Make sure we're on time for the event, I am a very important man and I cannot be late for an event like that."

"Yes, sir," I nodded, taking all this new information in, "I'll do that right away."

"Good," He muttered when I stood up. I nodded curtly before turning my back and walking away. When I was just about to leave, Mr. Styles stopped me.

"Oh, and Louis," He said, I turned my head curiously to look at him, "Bring one of your women's suits. You look stunning in them."

My cheeks grew hot and I quickly grew embarrassed, so much that I didn't even say anything back. Just nodded and got myself out of that office before he'd think about something clever to say.