Chapter 28

Won't be home til' late, there's food in the fridge - H

I rolled my eyes and crumpled up the note before throwing it back on top of the bedside table. I honestly wasn't surprised that Harry decided to avoid me instead of facing our issues as soon as we can, which was very hypocritical of him. It wasn't that long ago that the tables were turned and we both agreed to trust each other a little more. I thought he was dead serious on that, but clearly I was wrong.

I popped two aspirins in my mouth and swallowed them down pretty easily with the glass of water he had left for me, hoping that it wouldn't be long until this stinging headache would go away.

-------

To say I was bored was pretty much an understatement.

I was still feeling the dull headache and grogginess of a hungover and I wasn't in the mood to go out and be productive, so I opted with staying at home to catch up on some TV and laze around all day.

It wasn't the best plan in the world, but I really wasn't in the mood to go for a walk, especially since it started raining a couple hours ago. It also helped that I wanted to confront Harry as soon as I could because I was not about to spend another week avoiding him, especially over something I had no recollection about.

Harry claimed he wasn't getting back until late, but I had no idea what his 'late' meant. I wasn't a stranger to his long hours spent in his office, either here at home or back at work, so I really could be setting myself up for staying awake until at least three in the morning. I actually hated when he worked all day, as I thought it added onto his stress and occasionally bad sleeping habits, and he was rather familiar with my adversity towards that. He told me he hadn't been overworking as often as he did before he met me, but I figured he must've done this today on purpose, just to get me riled up and unavoidably worried about him.

So when I heard the front door get unlocked at around seven in the afternoon, I was surprised to see Harry walk in. I wasn't expecting him home this early, even though it wasn't early at all, but I was sure he'd at least take a couple more hours.

"Hey," I called out from the couch, where I'd been planted the whole day.

Harry looked up at me with a neutral look on his face, "Hey. Are you feeling okay?"

"Just a little hungover," I shrugged, "I didn't know you'd be back so soon, did you finish everything back at the office?"

"Yep," He answered, and surprisingly took a seat next to me, "What're you up to?"

It was a little strange that Harry was talking to me normally, kinda tensley, but still normally. I wondered if he was going to bring up what had happened or if he was sweeping it under the rug, but by the way things were going right now, I figured it was the latter.

"Just on my phone," I answered, "I was texting Andrew before you came in."

At that, he raised his eyebrow, "Just Andrew?"

I pursed my eyebrows together, "I mean, I guess I was texting Con-"

Harry suddenly groaned in distaste and got up from the couch, "I forgot I needed to do something in my office. Order something for dinner if you want, I might take a while in there."

My face contorted in confusion as he walked away. I thought he'd already finished all his work for the day and he wasn't one to just forget about things, especially anything work related, so it was only natural for me to think that something definitely was up.

I wasn't the confrontational type, by any means, but considering how Harry had seemed to be pissed off at me, I got up from the couch and was determined to get an answer out of him one way or another. I stomped over to his office and I rolled my eyes when I saw it was shut and most likely locked. It was totally a Harry move and I wondered who really was the grown up in the relationship, because it clearly wasn't him.