Chapter 31

"Pfft, please, Hannah," Yolanda rolled her eyes, "He's not even that bad."

"Says the one who can't even look him in the eye," Jess shot, earning a tough glare from Yolanda and giggles from me and Hannah.

"We should get back to work, girls," Hannah said, "Louis, come help me out with the printer?"

"Sure, I said," And we both giggled our way to the printing room as we heard Jess and Yolanda go off at each other for the teeniest, tiniest things.

----

'Hm', I thought to myself, 'If I were a can of tuna, where would I be?'

I was walking around the endless aisles of a grocery store for what felt like ages, which was definitely more than just a "quick trip", like Harry had so pleasantly assured me.

He was the one who usually did the big groceries. Y'know, like the shopping for the week, or month if that was the case. Harry usually went once in eight days, or more if he'd bring home an excess amount of food for two people, one who could live off cereal and take away chinese food and the other who was a title away from being an actual chef. I usually went out to buy small supplies of things that we'd run out of, like toilet paper or eggs, so being asked to do the actual groceries was challenging, to say the least.

It wasn't like I minded it, because I didn't. I liked making myself useful around the house, not only because I know Harry likes to keep things nice and neat, but also because there's still an ounce of guilt I feel for basically living with him without doing anything in return. I could help him with rent, but Harry's the one signing my checks at the end of the month and I'd have to sell all of my organs and right eye to be able to pitch in just a little.

We've argued about this, how he still pays me even though we're dating. Before all of this happened, I was saving up money for my own place and eventually rent, food and whatever miscellaneous things I needed, but now that I have someone to rely on (which I wasn't completely comfortable doing), technically, I didn't  have to work anymore. Harry said he wouldn't mind it if I stayed home and focused on my drama classes and myself, but I refused to be completely reliant on him. I liked my independence and I liked earning my honest money.

Of course, Harry being the stubborn, hard-headed man he was, he didn't quite like this, but after some convincing that I actually liked my job and that I wasn't missing out on my classes because of it, he ended up agreeing and letting me do my own thing, thankfully so.

Anyways, Harry was meant to do the groceries today and cook me something 'so delicious, you're gonna cream your pants' when he'd get back, as he so delightfully said so, but an important business meeting lodged between our plans and since Harry has been avoiding that client for a while, he decided to get things over with and asked me to go instead.

Now, luckily for me, Harry usually wrote what we needed down on a piece of paper, in case he'd accidentally forget something behind and was gracious enough to give it to me in a rush before dropping me off in what was the biggest grocery store I've ever been to, not to mention the most expensive. Thankfully for my own bank account, Harry gave me one of his (several) credit cards and a kiss before speeding away to his meeting.

And that's how I ended up here, looking like a complete idiot with a half empty cart that seemed abnormally big and feeling like I was lost in an island of kitchen supplies. There were dishes everywhere, pans here and there and the bread aisle close by, but where on earth are the bloody cans of tuna?!

It wasn't even about finding the actual tuna anyways, I just couldn't seem to get my way around and asking someone who worked here for help made me anxious to the core. I just needed to look up and try and find the canned section, since I couldn't bloody find tuna in the fish section, where it would make the most sense to be at.