Chapter 23

"Are you serious right now?" My eyes widened in surprise at his blunt attitude, "Jesus Christ, Harry! I was just trying to let you know what I saw and you have the nerve to snap at me as if it's even my fault! How dare you even speak to me like that, as if I'm anything lower than you! Even if I were, you couldn't go around and talk to anyone how you'd like, have some sort of respect, Harry! And start treating people with kindness!"

With that said, I walked past him and locked myself in my room to avoid having him try and open the door. I pushed my coat off of my shoulder and jumped right into my bed, screaming into my pillow and wondering what the fuck had just happened.

----

I haven't spoken to Harry in three days.

I found out that it's quite hard to give the cold shoulder to someone you live with, but somehow, I managed to made it work.

I started off by sleeping in my own bed that night and in the next morning, I woke up extra early to make my own breakfast. Granted, it didn't taste as good as Harry's food, but I wasn't about to forgive him just for the sake of a decent meal.

When I'd faintly hear the sound of a shower running from the other side of the wall, I'd rush through my morning routine and leave to go to work without even letting him know. I knew Harry wouldn't be happy about this, but right now, I couldn't care less. He was a massive twat and if he thought I was going to forgive him that easily, he should probably think again.

We were both being ridiculously stubborn, but at least I had a valid reason for it. It was surprising that Harry hadn't swallowed his huge pride and apologized to me, but then again, was it really? I was aware apologies weren't his strong point, but to turn back to the person he was when I met him wasn't even an option for me. I was actually starting to believe that he was no longer someone who resorted to anger every chance he took, but I was clearly wrong and his outburst only proved that much to me.

Right now, I was fuming. Harry's the only idiot out there who's head is so far up their own ass that he won't even realize how ridiculous he looks right now. It drives my head in and to find out this morning that he had, yet again, locked himself in his office like the child he is really does it for me.

If he wants to go around and avoid me, in his own bloody house, then two can play this - really childish - game. I got dressed, wrapped a scarf around my neck, that happened to smell like Harry, and left the flat. Harry hated it when people slammed the door shut, so that's exactly what I did. I half-expected him to run out of the flat in a flash of rage to yell at me for doing that, which would make him at least acknowledge me, but the elevator dinged and that front door remained shut, just like I had left it.

I was absolutely seething as I was walking around the streets to get out of the ridiculously tense flat. The sky was grey and not even the cute little puppy that sniffed my shoe was enough to make me feel even slightly better, which was really weird since I practically turned into mush whenever I came across cute little animals, such as that poor puppy that didn't deserve my rudeness.

I was too in my head, and I knew that, so when I came across a rather small looking coffee shop, I figured a nice, warm yorkshire tea and a chocolate muffin on the side would help me calm down a little. I wasn't feeling my best right now - I could hardly recognize myself - and what better to do than seek comfort in food, it just seemed like the best option for me.

So with that in mind, I stepped right in and was relieved by the change in temperature inside. It was a rather cold day outside and even though I had stuffed my hands inside the pockets of my warm coat, the tips of my fingers were freezing and I needed to wrap my hands around a warm cup to heat them up.