Chapter 9

"Thanks, Beth," I smiled genuinely. I was surprised when she pulled me into for a hug, but I was quick to reciprocate it and close my eyes.

"I'll miss you," She whispered in my ear.

"I'll miss you too." I said, and after a very emotional moment, she helped me pack my very small quantity of assets and didn't let me leave without another hug until I inevitably had to walk back into the black car and drive to a new part of my life.

----

The drive to wherever Harry lived was long and silent. I looked out the window as I held a plastic bag with the rest of my belongings, which weren't as much as you'd expect. My mind drifted to Beth and the shelter and I suddenly didn't hate the weirdly lumpy bed and thin pillow I had to sleep on every night. It wasn't home, but it was the closest thing I had. I wouldn't be surprised if my boss kicked me out after a week of staying with him, he'd probably find it annoying to see me every day, I could only imagine.

The car finally halted in front of a garage driveway, waiting for the automatic garage door to open. I tried glancing at the building we were entering, but I couldn't catch any details other than the odd lights on through the windows. When the car was parked next to a range of expensive looking cars, I picked up my bag and got out of the car after Mr. Styles. I stood awkwardly by the side as I watched him and his driver take our bags from the trunk. The driver handed me my old duffel bag, that looked like complete utter trash next to Mr. Styles's Gucci duffel bag. I averted my eyes to my feet and followed the two men out into the elevators.

Once we reached the front door, at first it didn't look like anything too expensive. The floor seemed like any condo so maybe Mr. Styles wasn't a big spender, at least when it came to homes.

But I was wrong.

As soon as he opened the door and nonchalantly walked in with his driver by his side, I stood at the doorway like an idiot, with my jaw slacked as I glanced around. The interior was very simple yet extremely beautiful. I felt like I was seeing this out of a magazine, except it was reality.

"Are you just gonna stand there?" A familiar raspy voice called out, making me step out of the trance I was. My cheeks blushed after being caught glancing around and walked inside the house, taking it in. The driver was nowhere to be seen, but he suddenly popped out from a corridor and out of the flat without a word from my boss.

"Your flat is lovely," I said out of politeness, yet I really did think his flat was lovely. It was decorated to perfection and held this coziness feeling I haven't felt in ages.

"Thank you," He smiled, "Took me ages to get it to look this great, didn't have the best team to help me."

"I couldn't tell," I mumbled while looking at the living room area, "Everything looks brand new."

"I'm a fan of keeping things tidy," He chuckled to himself, "I can't stand messy rooms."

I thought back to my room at my parents house; there wasn't a day that went by without my mum nagging me to clean my room. My clothes were thrown around everywhere and I had too much junk piled up on my dresser and my desk, a typical teenagers room.

"Right," I agreed half-heartedly, "I'm the same."

"Hm," He squinted his eyes as if he knew I was lying, "I should show you to your room. Follow me."

I gripped onto my bags tighter as I followed him through the hallways. I noticed he had a couple of pieces of art hanging around but not many pictures of his family, or any at all. I wondered what his relationship with them was like, but I didn't feel like asking would be a good idea. I simply kept quiet until we finally reached a room with it's door closed. Mr. Styles opened it and stepped aside so I could walk in.