Chapter 34

"Can we try the hot tub?" I begged while adding an irresistible bat of my eyelashes.

"You know I love taking a bath with you," Harry smiled, "But I'm starving, do you wanna go into town and get some lunch?"

"Ooh, yes I do," I said, "But we're not leaving this hotel until we try the hot tub!"

"And the spa," Harry added.

"Yes," I nodded, "And the spa."

-----

"Mmm," I moaned, "Why is the food here ten times better here? It's just a regular hamburger, why is this amazing, Harry?"

"Beats me, babe," He laughed as I slobbered down my food, "But I'm happy you like it."

I wiped the corner of my mouth with my sleeve, much to Harry's advertence, "Right, I know you're not really used to these cheap fast food places..."

"It's alright," Harry shrugged indifferently while picking up a fry and popping it into his mouth, "Too bad there wasn't many healthy options here, though."

"You don't always have to eat healthy, babe," I pointed out, "As long as-"

A buzz in my pocket interrupted my chain of thought and Harry raised his eyebrows at me, probably wondering why I suddenly stopped lecturing him about how junk food is great and healthy food sucks, or at least that's what he hears anyways.

"Someone's calling me, sorry," I quickly apologized and pulled my phone out of my pocket to see an embarrassing picture of Beth on my display and I immediately smiled when I answered the call and placed my phone against my ear.

"Happy birthday, Louis!" She exclaimed in a cheery voice, "I can't believe you're a year older now! My baby has grown up so fast!"

"Thanks, Beth," I grinned, "I can't believe it either! I still feel like a kid, to be honest with you."

"Aw, you're still my kid either way," She cooed, "So, how's the romantic getaway?"

"It's so amazing, I can't even wrap my head around it," I beamed while taking a peek at Harry, who was eyeing me with pure fondness, "I'm actually having lunch with Harry right now, we came to this-"

"Oh shit!" She cursed, "I didn't mean to interrupt, sorry! I'll call you later then."

"No, it's okay," I quickly said, "Don't worry about it!"

"I don't wanna intrude," She admitted, "Plus, I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday, I figured you'd be busy with Mr. Boss man right now. How about we get together for a coffee when you get back and you tell me all about your trip?"

"Thank you, Beth," I smiled, "And sure, that's a deal."

"I won't keep you on for any longer, I'm sure Harry isn't too keen on sharing you right now," She giggled, "Love you, Louis, have a great day!"

"Nah, he's just fine," I dismissed, "Love you too! Bye!"

The smile on my face stayed there even after I ended the call and that was not only because of how happy I was that Beth actually remembered my birthday even though I hardly even remember mentioning it to her, but Andy had also shot me a very sweet text that had way too many heart emojis in between words, not that I actually minded.

"Sorry," I apologized again to Harry after putting my phone back in my pocket, "I didn't think she'd be calling me, especially now."

"You don't have to apologize," He said after taking a sip of water, "It was really sweet of her to call you."