Closer

*Paisley's pov*

"No you cant just fucking do that!!!" I yelled into the phone, "You haven't even seen her yet!!!"
"I don't give a shit!!! I can still get custody over her if I want to!!!" he yelled.
"No you cant!!!" I held the tears back.
"Yeah I fucking can!!! You watch me!!" he screamed back.
"You're a coke head!!! You aren't getting my daughter!!" I yelled at him.
"Bull shit!!!" he yelled at me. I hung the phone up and started to cry. I screamed into my hands and slide down the wall. I heard the door open and I knew it was Mia and Lyla. I stood up and wiped my eyes. I saw Lyla was sprawled out on Mia's chest. "She's asleep," she laughed a bit. I nodded and sat down at the table. She walked to Lyla's room and put her in her crib. She walked back out to me and sat down across from me. "So it didn't go well did it?" she asked.
"No," I leaned back and sighed, "He wont give it up. He wants to take her from me. He wont even agree to like a shared custody. He hasn't even seen her a day in his life and he think he can just take her!"
"Calm down," she sighed and walked to me. She hugged me tight and rubbed my back, "He isn't going to get her I promise. There is no judge that will give him custody of your child. His name isn't even her birth certificate."
"I know," I sighed a little bit and put my head on her chest. I let tears fall and sighed a bit.

~

"So how you been?" Lonzo asked as we walked up the trail.
"I've been alright," I smiled at him, pushing the stroller.
"Why just alright?" he asked.
"It doesn't matter," I shrugged.
"You say that a lot," he laughed a bit.
"I do?" I asked, giggling.
"You do. You can tell me alright?" he smiled at me.
"You don't have to get caught up with all my drama," I shook my head.
"I don't have to but I wouldn't mind it either," he sat down on the bench and smiled at me. I took Lyla out of her stroller and sat on the ground with her. "Well Lyla's dad is deciding that he wants to take custody of her," I sighed, "he hasn't even met her."
"Really??" he asked.
"Yeah isn't it bullshit!?" I asked.
"It is," he nodded.
"He just wants tax money so he can buy cocaine," I shook my head.
"Seriously??" his eyes went wide. 
"Yeah he never did coke until I was about two months pregnant and then he started on it and he still does it," I shrugged a bit, "So I left him for that and because when I told him I was pregnant he told me to fuck off so."
"What an asshole," he shook his head, "He isn't a real man."
"He really isn't," I sighed.
"Well I'm on your side okay?" he smiled at me.
"Thanks," I smiled and put Lyla back in the stroller, "Don't you have practice today?"
"Yeah we should head back, maybe you wanna stay and watch? Then after we can get some lunch or something? He asked while we walked back down the trail.
"Umm sure," I smiled at him, "I can bring some of Lyla's toys so she wont get bored."
"Sounds good," he chuckled.

~

Lonzo just finished up practice and we are heading to a diner a flew blocks away from the gym. "You're pretty good," I giggled, smiling small at him.
"Well I mean I try," he laughed. I laughed a bit too and smiled at him. I leaned back on the seat and looked back at Lyla who was dancing to the music in the background. "Is this you??" I asked.
"Yeah I rap a little bit too," he laughed.
"Damn a rapper and a baller," I giggled.
"I know, I know," he chuckled.
"You're the whole package," I smiled at him.
"You're the one to talk," he parked the car and looked me up and down and licked his lips, "A whole fucking meal babe."
"Oh shut up," I laughed and slapped his chest playfully. I got out of the car and got Lyla out of her car seat. I smiled small and kissed her head. "Lead the way cutie," I giggled. Lonzo smiled at me and walked us inside the diner. 

I am really falling for Lonzo. He was just everything I wanted. He was funny, nice, hansom, and, the best thing of all, he accepted the fact that I had Lyla. He was okay with it. "Hey so I have a game on Saturday maybe you could come?" he asked, as we pulled back up to my apartment complex.
"What time? Cause I work until 3," I asked.
"It's at 5," he nodded.
"Alright sounds good," I smiled at him, "When you get there just call me, get there as early as you can and I'll let you in."
"Okay sounds good," I got out and got Lyla out. I got her car seat out and put it back into my car. I walked inside and smiled at Lyla. I kissed her cheek a few times and sat down on the couch with her. "Your mommy is falling for someone,"

*Lonzo's pov*

My whole twitter feed was full of pictures of Paisley, Lyla, and I at the diner. I shook my head a little bit at all the assumptions people were making. They were all saying how Lyla was apparently mine and how Paisley is using me. I decided to set it straight.

@ZO2_ tweeted:
Y'all mad crazy. The kid isn't mine and Lyla and I just met and we are friends. Chill out with the drama.

I closed twitter and shook my head a little bit. My phone started to ring and I looked at the caller ID. My dad. I answered it. "What's up dad?"
"Who is this girl you're hanging out with?!" he asked.
"Paisley?" I laughed a bit.
"Listen here boy. You don't need a kid to be your distraction right now," he started to lecture me.
"She isn't a distraction dad. Paisley and I are just friends right now anyways. Plus who cares if she has a kid?" I shrugged.
"Lonzo you are 20 years old. You don't need to get yourself caught up with having to take care of someone else's kid," he told me.
"I'm not taking care of her dad. I'm not even helping at all. The most I've done for her is drive her to Walmart once to get diapers but that was it."
"I'm just saying Lonzo," he sighed a bit, "Don't get yourself caught up in it."
"Whatever dad," I shook my head.
"You getting attitude with me?" he laughed.
"Just don't see this how this is your business it's my life," I shrugged, "My love life."
"Cause son! You don't need to ruin your career," he shook his head.
"I'm not ruining my career dad. I gotta go. I'll see you Saturday," I hung the phone up.