Aftermath

Preview

"Let me go next time."

"There won't be a next time." A male voice says very clearly. One that sounds very familiar.

~+~+~+~+~

From the sound of that voice, I sat up quickly, resulting in me yelping in pain. 

"She's hurt, we need to get her out of here." Kyoya says, and he pulls out a phone, dialing a number. 

"K-kisumi.." I murmur, seeing the two of them gripping the bars of our cell. 

"We'll get you out of here, okay River? Everyone."  He says, looking back as heavily armored police officers come down the hall.

"W-where's the others? Th-the hosts.." I ask, pulling myself to a standing position, leaning on my right side to relieve pressure on my left hind leg.

"They're outside. We gave them strict orders not to come in. I'm going to go get Dai-Senpai." Kisumi runs down the hall to go and get father. 

After that, everything turned hectic. I saw Ario and other doctors being dragged out of the building, and Inugami's and test subjects were being pulled out on catch poles. Barking, shouting, yelling, crying. Cells were being opened and officers were charging into the cells, capturing the wolves. Us. Kyoya was giving orders to everyone, walking briskly up and down hallways. I swear I saw two ginger heads running through as well. Hikaru?

Suddenly, our cell was opened and two officers came in, catch hooks at the ready with truncheons in their free hand. When one puts a catch hook over Niko, I instantly lunge at the man, using my remaining strength to tear the catch hook off. No way in hell is Niko being dragged out like that.

I felt my teeth sink into flesh, and the metallic taste of blood filled my mouth. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the second officer raise his truncheon. I prepare myself for the blow, and as he swings, I hear Hikaru shout, "DON'T-" And the metal comes down on the back of my head.

Kisumi's POV (2 months later)

"How is she?" I ask, seeing Dai walk out of the hospital room. He just shakes his head in response. 

"You can go in if you want. Kyoya's still here." 

"He's always here." I mutter, walking in, coffee and flowers in hand. River was lying in the bed, her body mostly bandaged and stitched. She also had a neck brace on. 

After that dumbass cop hit Onaji, hell broke loose at the laboratory. Kyoya and Hikaru turned into demons and let their wrath out on the cop that knocked River out. We got everyone out, and Kyoya carried her to the limo, where she was rushed to one of Kyoya's family's hospitals. The doctors concluded that with the impact of the truncheon, which hit her spinal cord, put her in a coma and may have paralyzed her from the neck down, but they're not sure until she wakes up. It was also said that multiple ribs were broken, and her leg was fractured. In total, she had to get 158 stitches and 32 staples. Ario did more damage to her than he did to me in 5 years. All of the doctors that were arrested at the lab are now in prison, and the abominations they created are under close surveillance and confined. 

I replace her wilted snapdragon flowers with fresh ones, and then go over to the bed, sitting on the opposite side of Kyoya. "Kyoya you haven't slept in 5 days. Go and sleep." 

I was infuriated with him at first, and even yelled at him for a good hour. Along with Hikaru; he wasn't supposed to be in the lab. But once visiting hours opened for River, him and Hikaru have been here ever since. Tamaki and Kaoru brings their school work, and Kyoya barely leaves the room. Hikaru at least goes home to sleep. 

Kyo shakes his head. His hand was holding Onaji's limp one, his thumb rubbing against her fingers. "Kyoya, go. At least take a shower, c'mon man." I tell him more sternly, pointing towards the door.

With a heavy sigh, he pushes up his glasses and pulls himself to a standing position. After kissing River's forehead, he leaves, saying he'll be back in a few hours. Good. The guy needs some sleep. I grab River's hand and bring it to my cheek, resting it there.

Her fingers were chilled, and I could tell her ears were cold, because they were turned slightly back, and the black wolf fur was pin point on edge. Getting up briefly, I turn the heat up in the room before resuming my position, sipping my coffee.

"Everyone's worried about you River. You've caused quite a ruckus. Niko comes and visits you often.. he's staying with Dai-Senpai at your place." I talk to her quietly, gently running my hand through her hair. "Kyoya really cares about you you know. He comes every day.. and has been skipping school to see you."

I puff out my cheeks, thinking of what I should tell her. "Oh! Tamaki and Haruhi have gotten together.. And Huni is seeing this black magic girl. The gingers ask about you a lot. They both visit you almost as much as Kyoya and I. Hikaru more-so than Kaoru."

I chuckle softly, resting my head on the edge of the bed, looking at her sleeping face. "Remember at Okinawa how the twins captured Haruhi and you. Or when the fireworks went off." I look at the palm of her hand, seeing the small scar where she caught the firefly from the bonfire so many years ago. I smile, kissing the scar. 

"I love you, River... But I think it's more of a sibling love. Although Kyoya can be an ass, I think he should have you. Or maybe even Hikaru? He seems really interested too... Don't think that you're off the hook though. Once you wake up, i'm still going to protect you from those two. They're sneaky." 

I talk to her until I hear footsteps coming down the hall. Kissing her forehead, I stand up and turn to see Hikaru and Kaoru. I grab my coat, as it's early December, and walk towards the door. "She's all yours. Though don't try anything." I threaten, and they smile devilishly. Smirking, I ruffle their hair and walk out. It must be late evening by now, 7? 8? 

Hang in their Riv. When you open your beautiful lavender eyes of yours, we'll all be here waiting for you. I promise.

Mwahaha I know, you can yell at me, i'm an awful Author XD But I had to. Don't worry though, just wait until our fine damsel wakes up   Hehehe