Epilogue

"End of school festival? What's that?" Niko questions Kyoya and I as we walk through the school courtyard, watching everyone bustle around working on their own classes and clubs displays.

"Where each class and or club creates a fun booth of some sort and raises money for the school~" I tell Niko happily, skipping next to Kyoya as he writes on a clip board.

"Not exactly. It's to show our teachers and parents that we as students can create, control, and operate our own business in a way, to prove we can one day take over our family business." He corrects me and I roll my eyes.

"My way of explaining it is funner."

"'Funner', Onaji, is not a word." Kyoya says briskly, coming up to the host club's area, which was one of the largest classrooms in the school. We, of course, were setting up the host club not just for other students to enjoy, but parents too. Along with sweets and fancy sandwiches.

"Mommy dearest you have to get dressed! You too Onaji!" Tamaki whines as we walk up to the club members, who were all dressed in white tuxes. 

"But I'm not a club member, I just hang out with you guys." I point out quickly as the twins hold up a white dress with a wig.

"But it'd be fun to match!" Huni shouts cutely, giving me puppy eyes.

"Oh alright, then Niko and Kisumi should dress up too." I give in. Niko complies happily while Kisumi sends a glare my way. Hehe.

After everyone was changed and ready, we still had a few minutes before the festival began. Kyoya was bossing some people around and I was watching Tamaki fuss over Kisumi's tux.

"It's fine you blonde idiot."

"No it is not! Your tie is crooked and you don't have the suit jacket buttoned." Tamaki protests, trying to fix it while Kisumi slaps his hands away.

"Just leave it be Tamaki, it shows Kisumi's personality. Though I would straighten the tie at least." I give my input, walking up and fixing it myself, knowing Kisumi wasn't going to slap my hands away. Kisumi just huffs, letting me straighten it.

"Alright, the pianist just arrived and music will begin shortly." Kyoya says, walking up to us.

Tamaki looks at Kyoya, who nods, and Tamaki throws out his arms, declaring proudly, "Places everybody! We will now open for business~!"

~*~*~*~

A few hours have gone by since parents began to show. Quickly, the host club was full of people and I was getting overwhelmed. I moved to a corner, near the piano to listen to the music and watch rather than being in the crowd. Suddenly I see Kyoya's father walk into the room and I smile, beginning to make my way over to him.

"Mr. Ootori!" I call, catching up to him.

"Ah, Onaji. How are you?" He asks politely.

"Better, sir, thank you. I just wanted to properly thank you for getting protection laws against people like me. It means so much." I say sincerely, smiling warmly at him.

"It was no trouble, you are a welcomed guest in my home, and I expect you to be treated as equally as the rest of us." Mr. Ootori brushes it off, patting my head and continuing to walk around the club.  

Just as Mr. Ootori walks off, Kyoya rushes up to me. "Onaji, I've been so busy I haven't gotten a chance to see you all evening. I apologize."

"It's okay~ I just thanked you father for protecting my species."

"My father is here?" Kyoya asks, surprise in his expression. He shakes his head slightly, pushing up his glasses and taking my hand. "All the more reason I need to talk to you."

"Oh? Is something wrong Master?" I ask, concern filling my voice.

"No, nothing like that, and I told you, no more calling me Master." Kyoya points to me sternly and I giggle. He smiles softly, "Walk with me my dear."

Him and I walk out of the classroom, and walk through the school in a comfortable silence. Eventually we end up in the rose maze, making our way to the center. 

"Onaji, I have something to give you."

"Oh? What is it~?" I smile up at him. He pulls a small box out of his pocket and takes my hand.

"Now I know we're still in high school, and we still have a long while, but I want to give you this promise ring, if you'll accept it. To promise to be together until after high school, and after college, to promise to be there for each other no matter what. To promise to never leave your side." Kyoya talks softly, opening the box to show a small silver ring.

I feel myself tear up as he talks and throw my arms around his neck while shouting yes. "I'll never take it off~" I say giddly as he chuckles, putting the ring on my finger. 

Kyoya pulls me into a hug, kissing me passionately. "I wouldn't want you to." He kisses my forehead and then lets go, taking my hand in his. "Now, let's walk back so I can get back to my club."

I laugh, "Tamaki's probably already messed something up in the short time span we were gone."

"I don't doubt it."

~*~ Couple Month Timeskip ~*~

"Remind me again why we have to have family picnics?" "It's the middle of summer, can't we enjoy it?"

"For once, I agree with Hikaru and Kaoru." Haruhi sighs, sitting down on the blanket.

"But Haru-Chan, Tama-Chan is your boyfriend now." Huni points out, digging in the big picnic basket.

"Yea, but I still enjoy some alone time every now and then." She sighs, and the host club laughs, minus Tamaki, who's pouting.

"Onaji hand me a sandwich~" Niko says, and I oblige, giving him another. 

The entire host club, plus me, Kisumi, and Niko, were having a family picnic in Kyoya's garden. The whole ordeal, checkered blanket, big wicker basket, candles, you name it. We've already been hanging out for a couple hours, and just finished eating. 

I lay down on the blanket, my head in Kyoya's lap. He starts playing with my hair. 

"Getting together as a club is still enjoyable though." Kyoya points out. "Besides, these get togethers will be the only way to see Mori-Senpai and Huni-Senpai now, since they're be going off to college in the fall."

"We'll still come and visit! Right Takashi?" 

"Yea."

"We're gonna have to find new hosts this year." Tamaki sighs sadly. 

"Yea but no one," "Can replace Mori-Senpai, and Huni-Senpai." The twins point out.

"They won't be getting replaced, new hosts will have different type, every person is different." Kyoya confirms and everyone nods.

The hosts continue to chatter and I close my eyes, almost drifting off into a nap. Until a noise wakes me up. I sit up, my ears perked. Niko and Kisumi have the same expression I do.

"What is it Ji-Chan?" Haurhi asks curiously.

"We hear something." Niko says, pointing to the hedge. "Coming this way, from the woods."

All of us watch the hedge, and a moment later, the leaves rustle as a fox hops through. Meeting eyes with me, and then Kisumi, and then Niko, it transforms before our eyes, into a girl, a couple years younger than us.

"U-um.. h-hello.. I-i'm Mae.. a kitsune."