Kyoya Who?

Onaji's POV
_________________

/A week after the incident/

Everything is so dark.. Why can't I open my eyes? I hear people talking to me, but I can't make out their words. I feel like i've been blinded.. this neverending darkness. I hate it. Almost as much as I hate... who do I hate? There was someone... I wonder where Kis and Papa are. Maybe they're the ones who're talking to me.  My body hurts. Like i've been stabbed, or beaten. Good thing I can't move, or I might've cried out in pain.

+++

/2 months/

Is counting sheep even a thing anymore? They're all black and shapeless anyway. I can't see a thing. I've come to be aware that i'm in a hospital, but why? What happened to me? Every once in awhile someone will shine a bright light in my face, and instead of seeing black, I see dark red, but that just makes me internally cringe. Red reminds me of blood.. I don't remember much, but I remember a lot of blood. And the taste of it.

I can here people more clearly now, but I can't connect voices with people. Besides Papa and Kisumi. They come often. Papa is always talking about his day and this boy named Niko. Niko.. what a cute name. Have I met him before? 

Kisumi talks about a lot of people, but I don't recognize many names. Though I feel as if I should know them. Especially Kyoya and Hikaru. Maybe, if I saw them, it'd click. But my body refuses to listen to my wishes. How long does this darkness last? Once I wake up, i'm going to be afraid of the dark.

+++

/3 and a half months/

You are just to young to find the senses in your life. Looking for, someone else, like the dream, that you had. 

I sing to myself in my head. Papa's been singing that to me every so often, saying how it reminds him of Mom and me.  Since i've been lying here for an eternity in blackness, I think i've pieced some things together. I remember Mori and Huni, because their height differences stick out in my mind, and I remember Tamaki and Haruhi now, because they played 7 minutes in heaven at a beach villa. And I went into the closet with someone.. Hikaru? We did something intimate, so that must mean we're like, dating right?

Ugh if only I could see! And move! Stupid blackness, stupid hospitals, stupid injuries, stupid pain, stupid everything! Maybe just a bit longer, and i'll be able to open my eyes.

+++

/4 months/

I can do it! I can do it! 

I try so hard to open them, someone was shining a light in them again, so all i'm seeing is red. I. Can. Do it!

God dammit I can't. I just want to scream. Wait. Would that work? If I screamed, would I actually scream? Hmmmm... As I ponder the thought, I feel someone grab my hand. Oh yea, these past few whatever time of darkness i've been able to feel people's touch. But I can't respond to it. A lot of people kiss my forehead and hold my hands. 

"Hey River~" Kisumi. "It's nearing the end of February now. Everyone just celebrated Haruhi's birthday, which was the 4th."

Time doesn't mean anything to me when i'm always in blackness. I miss the sunlight of the morning, and the shadows and greens of the woods. I want to see Kisumi's bright green eyes again. I pout inside my head, wishing I could pucker my lips or even twitch a finger.

"Your birthday is next month. Anything you want?"

I want to open my damn eyes please.

"Kyoya's going hysterical because you haven't woken up yet," I felt him brush his hand through my hair. Oh yea.. that Kyoya person. I don't remember him.. but he's mentioned a lot. Like, a lot a lot. "Hikaru wants to do something for your birthday. Take you to one of his family's beach villas. All of the hosts are welcomed, including me, Niko, and Dai-Senpai. Let's hope you're awake by then, hm?" Kisumi hums, booping my nose.