Off To The Citadel

Shelby hurried into the Normandy's med bay with Liara and Vega, still carrying Kaidan on her shoulders as Vega hauled Dr. Eva's shell with him. He plopped the Doctors' shell onto an exam table as Shelby carefully laid Kaidan on one of the beds, Liara on the opposite side of the bed. Shelby got him situated and leaned her weight onto her hands gripping the edge of the bed as she looked Kaidan over.

Liara bent down to force herself into Shelby's field of vison. "Kaidan needs medical attention." Shelby looked away to Kaidan's face and Liara leaned over Kaidan to get her attention back. "We need to leave the Sol System."

"I know." Shelby stated without raising her head or taking her eyes off Kaidan.

Liara straightened back up as she spoke. "The citadel is our best chance. We can find help there." She tried to reassure her old friend.

Shelby turned her head and spoke over her shoulder. "Get us to the Citadel, Joker."

"Roger that." Joker stated as Shelby turned her attention back to Kaidan.

"Hold on, Kaidan." Shelby said as she gently put a hand on his upper arm.

Shelby looked over to Dr. Eva's shell then back to Liara. "See what you and EDI can learn from that thing.

Liara nodded and headed over to where Vega was still standing when EDI came over the comm. "Comander, I'm receiving a signal over the secondary QEC. I believe it's Admiral Hackett."

"Patch it through." Shelby said and immediately turned to go to the comm room.
**

"EDI, can you clear this up?" Shelby asked as she walked into the Comm room and could only understand every few words or so that Hackett would say.

"I'll do my best." EDI replied and the holo feed greatly improved as Shelby hit the accept transmission control for the Comm room.

"Did you get to the Archives?" Was the first thing Hackett said.

"I was there. So was the Illusive Man." She reported.

"I was worried Cerberus might try something. Did you get the data?"

"Most of it. He downloaded some of it before I could stop him. EDI and Liara are analyzing what we've recovered." Shelby stated as Liara came into the comm room.

"What have you learned? Was it worth the effort?"

"Preliminary evidence suggests the data is a blueprint for a Prothean device." Liara stated as she walked in behind Shelby.

"Device?" Hackett asked.

Liara brought up some scans from her omni tool. "A wepon. Massive in size and scope, that's capable of unquantifilable levels of destruction."

"Send me the data. We'll do our own analysis. If Liara's instincts are right, this might be the key to stopping the Reapers."

"I hope so." Shelby started. "Kaidan's been hurt. We're taking him to the Citadel."

"Sorry to hear that, Shepard. But we both know this is just the beginning. Talk to the council, and show them what you found. With luck, they'll give you all the real support we need."

"And if they don't?"

"Do whatever it takes to get them on board."

"Yes sir." Shelby said with a nod as she saluted to Hackett.

Hackett returned the salute. "I'll be in touch soon." Hackett started and dropped his salute, Shelby doing so after he did. "Hackett out."

Liara started walking back to into the war room, but stopped and walked back in when she saw Shelby hadn't followed and was instead leaning her hands along the top of the com's control board. "Shel. EDI is extracting data from the Cerberus machine. We'll have details to present to the council by the time we reach the Citadel." The Asari tried to reassure her friend.