9: The Contract

The giant doors to the Main house's library busted open.

Youngest of the Strauss siblings walked in with an angry face. She appeared to be looking for someone.

Her narrowed eyes scanned the large study. Tall bookshelves and the smell of expensive books filled the room.

And without a doubt, she came to the right place.

Because that certain someone was seated comfortably on a wooden chair at one of the many long tables

His legs were crossed as he held a book with his hand, reading it.

Lisanna trudged towards him, her fottsteps loud and heavy.

As soon as she was only a foot away from him, she slammed her hand on the table.

The sound of a loud thud echoed throughout the library.

Invel closed the book he was holding and looked up to her. His eyes plain blank, staring at her in a bored manner.

"What did you do to my sister?!" Lisanna shouted at him.

"Did something happen?" He said it dryly.

"Don't act like you didn't do anything wrong! I heard from Bickslow! Everybody in this Family knows!"

He acted as if he was deep in thought,

"Not that I know of."

Just looking at his face angered her.

"You made her remember!"

"Remember what, Lisanna?"

And there was silence.

She couldn't take it anymore. The way he acted like he was guiltless.

"You're heartless!"

Lisanna lifted her hand and was about to slap him.

But as if seeing it happen before it was going to, Invel grabbed her hand. He stopped her before she could land her palm on his face.

He stood up from the chair and looked down on her with hollow eyes behind those glasses. He was a foot taller than her.

He held her wrist tightly.

"I only tried to help her," he said simply, "Told her to forget."

"You..." she snickered.

His grasp tightened, earning a wince from her.

"I wonder which one of us is actually heartless," he continued.

Lisanna glared at him with nothing but pure hate.

"It was your fault in the first place that Mirajane is in such a state," a smirk started to form in his lips.

She gritted her teeth. She had no words to counter with.

Then he did something unpredictable.

He leaned down and kissed her cheek.

Her eyes instantly widened in shock.

Lisanna was startled. She pushed him with all her might.

"Get away from me!" she shouted with disgust in her voice as she touched her cheek where his lips landed, "You sick bastard!"

He just smirked at her, fixing his eyeglasses on the bridge of his nose.

"Wait 'til Laxus finds out about what you did to her."

His sly smirk faded,

"Does it matter?"

And with that he walked out of the library. Leaving her and her anger all to her herself.

.

He was walking in the halls when his phone rang. Invel looked at the name on the screen before answering it.

He checked the place if there was someone who could possibly eavesdrop.

Knowing that nobody was around; nobody to see; nobody to hear, he answered the call.

"Yes?...

Everything is well...

Not yet...

I know...

Don't worry...

I made a contract with you, I will see this through...

Everything is going according to plan."