10: Letter

The strong wind blew across everyone's faces as each of them watched as the private jet landed on the concrete ground around them. Except for Yura, he wasn't there.

Natsu and Lucy just arrived at the Compound from Bangkok.

Lucas, who was being held by Loki, had a bright smile on his face as he saw his parents get out of the aircraft; with Natsu holding Lucy's hand as she took careful steps down the metal stairs.

Not for long, Loki put him down so he could go and run to them.

"How did the meeting go, Natsu?" Rogue started as he walked towards the new arrivals.

"Still the First," the Don answered with a smirk.

Lucy was beside him, now holding Lucas in her arms. The little boy couldn't seem to stop smiling as he circled his small arms around his mother's neck.

"Of course we are. And that's not going to change," Lyon agreed smugly.

Everyone was being welcomed back.

Gajeel had Levy kissing him on the cheek, holding their baby. Gray had Juvia swooning all over him with her bulging belly, he had to put an arm around her to keep her straight. Elfman...well he had Ever. Even Cana had Loki and the others high-fiving her.

Laxus saw this.

And as he watched each of them, he wondered...where was Mirajane?

Why wasn't she there to welcome him? And Gin, why wasn't he there too?

He looked around for them.

Bickslow hesitantly walked towards him, as if knowing who he was looking for.

"Where is she?"

Laxus asked, turning to him.

This got everyone's attention as soon as it escaped his mouth.

Bickslow sighed before leaning near his ear.

As he whispered the answer to his question, Laxus' eyes instantly widened in shock.

Without sparing a look at the others, he immediately made his way towards the Main House.

Where Mira was.

Natsu and Lucy didn't know what just happened. What did they miss?

"What happened while we were away?" Natsu turned to Zeref.

His brother gave a long sigh,

"Well, you see..."

.

.

In one of the main house's rooms...

She lay on the bed, fast asleep.

Peaceful.

A white blanket was spread over her body.

Her silver hair sprawled on the pillow.

This was what Laxus saw instead of the usual Mirajane that would have given him the warmest smile and embrace when he got back. Just like every day after work.

But no.

Here she was, in her weakest and most fragile state.

Gin was by her side, sleeping as well. It seemed like the little boy was waiting for her to wake up.

Laxus quietly walked towards the side of the bed, careful not to disturb her slumber.

He sat on the edge of the bed, next to her.