Harry

"Everything heals in time," I assure him. 

He applies the antibiotic liberally, fingers just barely grazing my wound. He's careful not to press too hard and kisses my cheek, lashes grazing my skin as he does.

"I wouldn't change anything. I'd do it all again."

"Except the part where I accidentally stab you?"

I chuckle, nuzzling beside him. "Except that."

He grins, stroking my hairline. "You're so perfect."

"Am not," I blush deeply, skin flushing. I'm incredibly warm and so is he, I note quite happily.

Zayn is rarely this warm. Always cold, frail body shivering. He's slender fingers and lanky legs. But there's something soft and inviting about him. Maybe it's his bright smile or caramel colored eyes. It could be the way his eyes crinkle at the corners when he laughs or the way his baby pink tongue presses to his dazzling teeth.

"Are you hungry," I nudge him.

"Yeah," he sighs and sits up, switching on the bedside lamp. He yawns as he stretches.

He looks worn down and exhausted, dark circles hanging heavily beneath his eyes.

"You okay Zayn?"

All I get in response is a small nod. He rubs at his temple, groaning before leaning back, head hitting the pillow.

"I'll just order some pizza."

I crawl over to his side of the bed and scatter kisses all over his face. My side aches but so does my heart. I'm yearning for him and I feel so much hurt. Not because a knife plunged into my side.

My heart is bleeding out more than my cut did. I'm weeping on the inside because Zayn has a somber look on his face. He's dejected, burying his face in the pillow as I roll over to grab my phone.

"What kind babe?"

"Doesn't matter. Whatever you want."

I feel like the walls are closing in around us. I'm about to place the order but just can't, hand trembling. I hang up and he flips over, looking at me expectantly.

"Maybe you think you're misunderstood. Maybe you've done some things you can't forgive yourself for but I can and I will. I love you unconditionally. You'd never hurt me on purpose. I know that. You know that Zayn. My life has been full of light amd laughter since you entered it. I'm not going to abandon you."

My thumb runs along his bottom lip. He nips at it and I shriek. Somehow I find myself beneath him, heart pounding. He kisses around my bandage where my skin throbs.

"My angel," he murmurs.

"I understand you," I whisper back, heart still erratic. "I know your heart."

"You take up most of it," he smiles fondly before kissing me passionately; desperately.

It's hungry and heavy. The room grows hot quickly. It's stifling and my heart nearly leaps from my chest as he pins me to the mattress, tongue flicking over the bites he littered on my neck.

"Zayn, Zayn, Zayn," I repeat breathlessly.

He's swimming in lust, his eyes are clouded in it. I understand that feeling too. I'm drowning, sinking deeper and deeper until all I can do is let go.

It's a fury of emotion, like being caught in the midst of a hurricane and I'm trying to remember how to breathe.

"Sorry," he mumbles as he pulls away. "I got caught in the moment."

"It's okay. I don't mind."

He moves to the foot of the bed and I order a large cheese pizza, studying his expression. Why is he always so down? How can I fix him?

When I hang up he's gazing up at the ceiling, looking at his map of the constellations.

"I'll paint that soon."

"No need to rush. Just relax. Take things slow."

I rummage around in my dresser and tug on an oversized hoodie and some joggers.

"You believe in God right?" He breaks the silence.

"I do, I'm just not sure why such terrible things happen to innocent people. I suppose he has a bigger plan. Most things are out of my hands. I take care of what I can and leave the rest to him. It's okay if you aren't religous. It doesn't make a difference to me."

"Well I believe is something. It's just hard to wrap my head around it all-"

"I know what you mean." I sit beside him, taking his hand in mine. "What can I do to cheer you up?"

"I'm alright Harry, honestly. You make me so happy."

"Good," I grin sheepishly and peck his cheek.

I'm slow to get up but trod into the kitchen and pour two glasses of water.

Zayn's arms wrap around me but we're interrupted by a knock at the door. I give the pizza kid a wad of crumpled cash and his eyes widen as he pockets the change.

"Thank you mate! Thank you."

"That was sweet babe."

The sink runs as he washes his hands. He gulps down his water and I deliver the pizza box.

Much to my surprise he devours a slice and is reaching for a second before I've even finished my first. I chuckle, dabbing some pizza sauce from the corner of his mouth.

"Just a tad hungry, huh?"

"This tastes so good right now." He moans, eyes closing as he chews.

"Can we maybe try star gazing again sometime?"

He sets down his slice, eyes meeting mine.

"I'd like to. It was a total disaster this time."

"Well nobody died. Are our heads clear now? Have we sorted everything out?"

"I have you to live for. You have me right?"

We end up huddled under blankets, binge watching Game of Thrones.

"Really, I don't get the hype around this show."

He shrugs before draping his arm around me protectively.

"I just like being close to you, it doesn't matter what we're doing. Will you be okay by yourself tomorrow? I have class."

"Of course. I have to go back to work anyway," I grunt. "I'll call you if I need anything but I'm sure I'll be fine."

He traces patterns into my back and I sigh deeply, eyelids fluttering closed.

"I'll miss you," he whispers in my ear, breath tickling my skin.

"We can't even be apart one day," I laugh lightly. "We're so pathetic."

"We're in love. There's nothing pathetic about that."

A/N: ARE YOU READY