Harry

"I had a whole speech prepared."

His wet hair is coal black, water flicking as his tan fingers run through it.

"Everyone understands how you must have felt babe, don't worry about it. It's a sensitive thing, death is never easy. She knows how much you love her. That's what truly matters."

He undresses me slowly, mouth working at my bare shoulder. He kisses a trail down my spine and a deep shiver runs through me.

"Your skin tastes so sweet," he moans, tongue lapping at the nape of my neck.

His hands grip at my waist, breath warm against the shell of my ear.

"Can I help you wash the hurt away?"

"Y-yes," I exhale shakily.

The water cascades down my back, there's a cloud of steam in the shower, warm water pelting down in a steady jet stream.

He presses me against the cool tile, scattering kisses all over my face. I giggle as he nibbles at my earlobe.

I feel so blessed to have Zayn in my life. I'm sighing into his mouth, nails scratching down his back. He's hoisting me up and I gasp, legs wrapping around his waist.

We kiss and kiss, me releasing my bottled up anger over innocent people being taken away too soon, attempting to overcome the sadness flooding my heart, trying to shake away all the doubt in the corners of my mind.

"I love you, I love you, I love you," he repeats it until my heart beats the rhythm of his words; until it fully sinks into my skin and I'm dizzy from it.

He sets me back down, fingers gently scrubbing at my curls. I purr contently before tipping my head back, eyes closing as he rinses out the suds. He works my body wash into a luxurious lather, wet rag roaming over my body.

Slipping between my thighs, making me whimper.

When we're both clean he wraps me up in a fluffy towel and pats me dry. Water drips from the ends of my curls so I squeeze it out.

I watch droplets run down his toned chest and pull him close, hands looping around his arms.

It's never enough.

I'm letting myself get caught up, I'm completely lost in him, somehow finding my body pressed beneath his on the bed. The towel is gone of course and so is my sanity.

"Zayn," I whisper.

Then it's a frenzy, my heart pounding in my chest, mind in a stupor. His lips are everywhere.

A sudden wave passes over me and I'm sobbing again, letting him pull me down into his arms.

"Shh it's okay. Everything is okay angel. We're okay. I know it's hard, I know."

"I'm sorry," I sniffle an apologize.

"Baby no," he frowns, caressing my cheek.

Our foreheads press together. His amber eyes are glowing softly, I can feel the steady rise and fall of his chest, hear the lull of his ticking heart.

"I told you I was better but I'm not," my voice breaks. "I'm not okay Zayn. It fucking hurts. Everything hurts."

My eyes sting, the taste of salty tears on the tip of my tongue.

"I miss her. I miss the way things used to be. I got a promotion in a profession I don't even like, I pushed away my friends and-"

"Angel," he murmurs. "You can tell me this anytime, okay? Don't keep these things to yourself, it isn't good for you."

I'm clinging to him, just barely hanging on by a thread. I feel like stitches coming undone; unraveling at the seams.

"You're it," I whisper.

"What babe?"

"The one thing I still live for."

Silence fills the spaces between us and it's suffocating.

"I guess I'll have to give you more reasons."

I'm falling in love with him all over again, weeping softly as he ruffles my damp hair and kisses my warm cheek.

He kisses carefully around my wound and my eyelids flutter closed.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

His body tenses for a moment but then eases up.

"Me too," he says deathly quiet.

"You okay Zayn?"

He smiles into a kiss and laces our fingers together as he pulls away.

"The stars look especially beautiful tonight," he jokes.

It makes my heart trill and I laugh happily, eyes fixated on the glowing painted stars above us.

"I don't want to go to work tomorrow," I groan. "I know I shouldn't be complaining. There are people with nothing but-"

"Let me take you out for lunch."

I'm bite back a grin. He's the best. I am so damn lucky.

"Okay."

"No co-workers," he warns, eyes glimmering.

Brighter than the stars.

"Are you jealous? I mean Brian in payroll is really hot."

"I hate you," he chuckles, knuckles grazing my jaw.

"Sure," I tease. "You'd do anything for me. I know you would."

"Good boy," he praises. "You're going to have sweet dreams tonight, right?"

"I'll try."

"That's all you can do babe but you should dream of me."

My laughter is muffled against his chest.

"If it's of you, it's likely a wet dream."

"Mhmm," he hums, fingers carding through my hair. "What do you like baby?"

My cheeks flush and I bite my tongue.

"It's okay," he encourages softly. "You can tell me angel."

"Rimming."

"Oh," he replies hushed. "You and Louis tried that?"

"Yeah," I reply hesitantly. "It always made me feel good but-" my cheeks grow incredibly warm. "It would be much more special if it was you."

"Wow," he exhales. "Yeah okay."

His fingers are still brushing through my curls, detangling little knots.

"I'll plan something special for you. You deserve it."

"I want to make you feel good too Zayn," I frown.

"No worries angel. You always do. Go to sleep, you've been through enough lately. I promise I'll still be here when you wake up."

My heart feels so content; full despite everything I've endured.

"Now matter how many times I say it, it's never enough. I love you Harry. I'd give up everything for you...I'd go through hell for you," his voice cracks. "I'll always love you. There is no one else."

A warmth spreads through me, his hand rubs soothingly at the small of my back and in a matter of minutes I'm a snoring softly.

A/N: he'd go through hell guys 😭