Zayn

God is good. No, he's seriously the best.

Good luck to the next guy wearing that thick black cape. It's hot enough in hell as is.

Being mortal is a bit underwhelming but I'm ecstatic nonetheless.

I'm going to eventually die.

Sounds wonderful Zayn! Should we throw you a party?

Okay, okay. It sounds crazy being excited about that but I'll actually get to see Harry again. That's the greatest gift I could have ever asked for.

I'm back at the banks where a certain cheeky green-eyed boy pulled me in. In more than one way. He captured my heart, stole my breath...made me so soft. Not that I regret turning soft for him. I'd do anything for him.

I smile to myself. Most people leave ashes on the shore of a beautiful beach, white sand beneath their feet but that's seriously overrated.

We had our own little paradise right here.

When I faced the Devil for the last time, pleading to get Harry back I told him that I did everything he ever asked of me. Neither of us deserved that ending. It was so unfair. We'd both been through enough. Through hell...and that's no joke. I begged until my throat was raw. I don't think I've ever been so desperate.

A soft white light washed over me and I heard the most relaxing voice in my head.

You don't have to suffer my child. I will take you under my wing.

All I could think of is how truly blessed I am that I get to touch my angel again.

Someday. I yearn every waking minute but it's okay. I'd wait forever.

The first day as my new mortal self I tried to take my life but Liam frantically stopped me, telling me I needed to be strong for Harry.

It hit everyone way harder than I expected.

How could it not? Harry was a bundle of joy. Everywhere he went light and laughter followed.

Everything is so peaceful. There's a gentle breeze blowing through the trees. I sit for the longest time visiting with my best friend.

My soulmate.

"Liam is going to be a dad soon Harry. I don't really know how to feel about that. The lads and I were playing video games last night and Niall's elbow accidentally knocked into a soda can. Of course Louis thought it was hilarious because Liam broke out into full-on Daddy mode. It was quite a sight."

I pick up a small stone, thumb feeling its smooth edges.

"I missed you," I add softly. "Not a moment goes by when I don't but I try to stay happy for you. I love you," I wipe at my wet eyes with the back of my hand, heart fluttering.

I'll always love Harry and he'll always love me.

"So...I found like a zillion photos on your old camera. You were pretty sneaky. You had a way of capturing my good side but there weren't really many of us together which makes me sad. It's okay though, I hung them up above the bed, just below the strand of fairy lights," I add with a chuckle. "Pretty Woman came on a few nights ago but I burned the popcorn. It was alright but usually I'd share a blanket with you. I mean it actually covered all of my body for once but I'd rather be a bit cold and make that sacrifice for you. Then again," I stop to sigh, my fingers running gently through my hair. "We'd always end up cuddling and you know I don't mind that at all."

I'm a rambly mess of thoughts but this is my favorite part of the day, making the long drive to visit our shared sacred spot.

"I want to kiss you so bad. I really took our kisses for granted...everything really. Even the way you looked at me. You know I have yet to see someone as beautiful as you. Everyone just pales in comparison."

The sun is setting. It's a beautiful array of bright pinks and vivid orange.

"I wish you were here with me to see this," I exhale softly, chin resting in the palm of my hand. "Everything feels much more special now. I notice small details and try to store things in my memory. Did I tell you I signed up for a photography class? I probably did," I laugh lightly. "I repeat myself a lot, don't I Harry? You know that brown suagr candle you liked to burn in the living room? I found a bunch of them in HomeSense. The woman thought I was mad because I stocked up on them. I saw these boots in Topman you'd like too. I almost bought them for myself but that style doesn't suit me as well as it did you. Also your guitar was out of tune because Niall's niece fiddled with the strings. I fixed it though," I beam proudly.

The sun dips beyond the horizon and the moon steals the show. I lay flat on my back, arms crossed behind my head.

"This is almost perfect Harry...except I'm not holding you in my arms. Do you know what I love about you?"

Of course he does, I add to the list every night.

"How much you cherished every moment, savored every memory and committed them to heart. I wish I was more like you. You know how impatient I am but I'm trying. For you angel. Always for you."

My heart stills, breath hitching as I take in all the twinkling stars.

"You joined me," I whisper in awe, eyes landing on the biggest and brightest star. "You're dazzling as always," I smile to myself. "You were hiding from me last night...quite shy aren't we? But that's okay. I see you now angel."

There goes my heart again, climbing up my ribcage like a ladder as his hushed words echo in my head.

You can always find me in the stars.

END