Two

He woke up sweating and quickly looked around him.
You're okay eddie, you're safe.

He couldn't quite remember what his dream was about but he knew Frank was there and there might have been a knife.

Eddie wiped the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand and looked out the window, it was all fields and trees.

"Excuse me miss?" Eddie said to the person two seats behind him, she looked up.
"How close are we to Maine?" Eddie asked.

"We're an hour away." She said and looked back at her phone.

Eddie turned back in his seat, and looked down at his legs.
Good going dumbass, You never washed off all you're cuts and bruises.
Eddies mind started to race as he thought of all the diseases and infections he could get by not washing his cuts right away.
Stop he told himself you'll be fine. Just go to the bathroom.

Eddie stood up grabbed a pair of jeans and a shirt from his bag and walked to the closest bathroom, closing the door behind him.
"Shit" Eddie said as he saw himself in the mirror. "You look awful" and at that moment Eddie started to laugh.

Here he was in a train bathroom on the way to Maine to see his mother for the first time in 15 years, and he was laughing at how fucked he looked.

Eddie grabbed a paper towel and wet it with soap and water and pressed it separately to all 12 cuts on his legs. By the end the paper towel was bright red.
Gross he thought

Eddie sat on the toilet and pulled out small pieces of glass from his thighs. He bit his lip until it bled to stop from shouting out in pain.
All done.
He looked in the mirror again, noticing a dark purple and yellow bruise above his eyes. He also noticed dark purple circles under his eyes.
He then changed into the black shirt and black ripped jeans he brought with him.

Eddie combed his hair in front of his forehead in an attempt to cover the bruise and he opened the door to the train.

The rest of the train ride flashed by in a blur, before he knew it he was being told to exit the train. The small bruised boy stepped Out into the world and felt a cool breeze on his cheeks. Eddie pulled out his phone and mapped out how far he was from his mothers house. He had the address written down in his contacts but he never knew he would actually be using it.

After walking down three blocks and turning left, he finally reached his mothers house. Derry was a small town, he could already tell. It was 630 am and there were already cars going to work and kids biking to school.

Eddie started to sweat once more as he realized he didn't know his mother at all, and she might already hate him.

Eddie walked up the steps to a small yellow, ugly two story house. And swallowed his fear before knocking on the door three times.
What if she's asleep?
Or at work?
What if she's just as abusive as Frank?

All these thought coursed through the boys mind before the door swung open to reveal and large woman in her late 40s staring down at him. She had brown hair that was turning grey and wore a large set of glasses that made her eyes appear 3 times bigger.

"H-hello, Mrs. Kaspbrak. Im Eddie. Eddie Kaspbrak" the boy whispered as he felt himself shrink.

"Oh my god! Of course I know who you are! Edward my baby, come here!" The fat lady shouted in what seemed to be joy and he threw out her arms and pulled Eddie into an uncomfortable hug.

"What happened to you?!" She asked and invited Eddie into the house and closed the door behind him.

"Frank kicked me out after he got mad at me, I didn't really know where to go so I came here." Eddie whispered, still feeling afraid.

"Oh, you poor thing. Frank should never have gotten custody, he always was a drunk." She said as she looked at the floor. Maybe this wasn't to be so bad, she didn't hate him. In fact she hated Frank almost as much as Eddie did.

"Don't worry, you can definitely live here, I'll keep you safe Edward." She said smiling, but something about that sounded off.

"It's Eddie btw. Everyone calls me Eddie." He said, not wanting to ever be called Edward again.

"Alright. Eddie, let's get you into some new clothes. I still have some upstairs that were meant for your cousins." She said but Eddie didn't see a problem with his clothes, in fact he quite liked his style.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" He asked.

"Oh.. Well," she said eyeing his black shirt and black ripped jeans and vans with multiple holes in them. "Let's just get you into some fresh clothes, you've probably been on a train all night." She said and Eddie left it at that, he didn't want to disagree with the lady who was allowing him to live here.

Eddie walked up the stairs and turned left. The room was small and had a twin bed with lavender sheets on it, there was a window next to the bed and a small closet on the other side and the entire floor was carpeted.

"Here you go." Sonia Kaspbrak said as she handed Eddie a stack of clothes, and she left the room before he had a chance to say thank you.

He then looked down and almost laughed in shock. She had handed him a yellow polo and a pair of bright red athletic shorts.
What the actual fuck Eddie thought as he laughed to himself

Eddie slipped into the clothes just to appease the woman but knew he would never in his life pick these out.

As the boy walked out of the room, Sonia popped out behind a corner and eyed him.

"Ah you poor boy" she whispered motioning towards his cut up legs. "Come here I'll help." She said.

"No it's okay, really, I cleaned them on the train." He said not wanted her to baby him. But she almost looked in disgust at his statement.

"Don't worry I have a first aid kit. I'll be right back." Sonia said and  she hurried away.

Alrighty Eddie thought to himself as he walked back to his room and sat on his bed. Sonia returned shortly after, panting, and holding a first aid kit.

She proceeded to treat him like he was bleeding out or something, calling him "poor baby" and weirdly smiling at him. Once she was done Eddie was covered in brightly colored bandaids and ointment.

"Haha thanks, Mrs.k" Eddie said eyeing her handy work.

"Now you get some rest and I'll make arrangements for school." She said and Eddie flinched at those words.

School.
Eddie was traumatized and worried that this school might be as bad as the last one.
It couldn't. Not possible.

But how wrong he could be.

Eddie sat on his bed looking out his window, not at all tired. He saw a couple kids pass by on bikes and slowly his eyes closed and he drifted away from reality.
---------------------------------------------------
Haha sorry if this chapter was boring, but I hope you'll keep reading lol !