Five

Includes harsh content

Eddie was able to avoid Henry bowers until last period pe rolled around that first day.

His heartbeat picked up as he walked into the lockers room and locked eyes with none other than Henry bowers. He saw none of his familiar friends and immediately wanted to walk right back out again.

Eddie changed as fast as he could in his pe uniform and was rushing out the door when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Not so fast goth boy" the voice of Henry whispered. Eddie didn't dare run at this point. The locker room quickly emptied out until it was just eds and Henry.

Eddie turned to meet eyes with Henry and he saw a new form of anger behind those  eyes. "I get that you're new here so maybe this won't be that bad, but trust me. I have way of making you feel pain you never knew existed." He spat and Eddie said something he immediately regretted " I seriously doubt that" he said.

"Excuse me?" Henry shouted "are you talked back to me again?" He spat.

"No, no , no I'm sorry I didn't mean it alright?" Eddie whispered, backing into a wall. Henry's nostrils flared and he raised his fist, just as Frank use to.

The blow landed against Eddie right cheek and Eddie could see stars. He heard a slight ringing in his ear as white searing pain coursed through his veins.

Henry grabbed Eddie by his shirt and threw him to the ground.
"You better learn to keep that mouth shut, goth boy." Henry muttered and he left the locker room.

Eddie pulled his knees to his chest and sat against the wall with his hand over his cheek. At that moment the door opened and Eddie threw his hand to protect his face in defense before he even saw who had come in.

"Hey,, are you alright?" The person said. Eddie looked up to see a slightly chubby kid with light brown hair, Eddie sighed in relief.

"Hey, I'm all fine and dandy here on the floor." He said with sarcasm. Surprisingly the boy sat next to eddie and said
"I'm sorry, I know how you feel trust me." He whispered

"I was the new kid for a year once" he said and Eddie looked up at the boy.

"The names Ben, what about you?" He asked, smiling.

"Eddie."

"Well nice to meet you Eddie, come on, let's go play some dodgeball." He said as he stood up and offered Eddie a hand.

"Thanks" the small boy said, feeling much more comforted. He rubbed his now bruised cheek and follow Ben out the door.

Eddie walked home instead of asking Sonia for a ride, he wanted to see the town of Derry. He walked out the door and wandered around the streets for a while. He saw Richie across the street from him and for some reason felt his stomach take a leap.

Eddie looked down at his shaking hands and wondered why he was getting so nervous.
"Hey eds!" He heard Richie scream and Eddie looked back up at the tall pale boy.

Eddie walked over to Richie who was sitting on a curb smoking.
"What's u- oh my god, eds you're cheek." Richie quickly changed his mood to concerned and Eddie threw his hands up to his cheek to stop Richie from staring.

"Oh, it's nothing, really. Just a bruise." Eddie whispered, looking down. He felt himself turning red and Richie pulled Eddie closer to him. Richie hands went up to eddies face and removed his hands that were covering the bruise.

"Oh god, eds, I'm sorry." He said as he looked at the bruise through his huge glasses.

"It's nothing. It's my fault anyway." The boy whispered back, feeling bright red.