Twenty

ONLY ONE CHAPTER LEFT AFTER THIS AHH

also I met jaeden, Wyatt, and Jeremy today and I'm so happy go to @elliot.mp4 on Insta to see pics ;)

Pls vote ;)

The ambulance arrived in a matter of minutes, and Richie was sobbing on the floor, holding eddies unconscious body.

Richie wasn't allowed in The Ambulance since he wasn't family. As the car drove away, carrying his boyfriend who could or couldn't be dead already, Richie broke into a run.

"Rich the closest hospital is a couple miles!" He heard mike shout.

"Doesn't matter!" Richie shouted back into the air, not taking his eyes off the ambulance with Eddie inside.

Tears rolled down his cheeks and dried there, he kept getting flashes of Eddie falling to the ground. The way Richie felt when Eddie looked at him filled him with pure fear.

It's those fucking pills Richie thought it's all her fucking fault.

The boys lungs were on fire by the time he got to the hospital, a little ways behind the ambulance. He kneeled over and started coughing.

Then he sprinted into the front doors and ran to the front desk.

"H-hello, m-my boyfriend Eddie Kaspbrak was j-j-just brought in," the boy panted out. "W-where can I f-find him?"

The lady at the front desk looked at the sweaty boy in disgust when he said the word boyfriend. Then she told him that "he is most likely in the ICU since he isn't an official patient yet."

Richie slumped into a chair and stared at the doors that led to the ICU. The boy considered just running through them and not caring about security. But he knew that he would get caught before he even saw Eddie.

Richie sat in his chair, biting his lips and picking at his already short nails until they were bloody. He was so scared for Eddie.

~

Eddie didn't remember much. He remembered the look on Richies face before everything went black. He remembered an adult asking what was wrong. He remembered bright lights and a lot of sounds of people before the world went black again. None of it added up.

He finally opened his eyes to find himself in what looked like a hospital bed. An IV hooked up to his left arm. And Sonia sleeping next to him. The boy rolled his eyes at her being there.

"Come in," Eddie said to a Knock he heard at the door. Sonia woke up instantly at this.

"Ah! Mr. Kaspbrak, you're awake!" the doctor that walked in shouted.

"It's Eddie." The boy responded.

"Alright, Eddie, so how are you feeling? Took quite a fall there, your friend was quite worried." The doctor said and eddies mind started racing.

"Im F-fine, the friend that was worried, where is he?" The boy asked biting down hard on his lip.

"I'm not sure, he should be in the waiting room, " the doctor said and eddies eyes flew to the door, all he wanted to do was leave his mothers side and be with Richie again.

  " so about that fall you took, Eddie. We found toxins in your bloodstream from a certain pill that was found in your stomach too. In a large amount might I say." The doctor said and Eddie looked down at his waist. There was a large white patch of gauze covering most of his stomach, the boy broke into a sweat.

"W-what happened?" The boy asked.

"We had to pump the remaining pills out of your stomach and after a few days your bloodstream should cleanse itself. You'll be just fine Eddie." He said and Eddie felt himself fighting back tears. He looked to Sonia.

She looks like she actually cares Eddie said as so I looked on the verge of tears hearing the doctors words.

But she caused this. She caused all of this. But they don't know that.

"Now Eddie can you tell us why you had all those pills in your system?" The doctor asked and Eddie felt his stomach lunge. He wanted to tell them about Sonia. He needed to tell them about her.

But he couldn't. She would get reported to child services, he'd seen it happen before. Then he would go back to Frank or get put in some foster home. Both scenarios ended with him being separated from Richie.

The boy just shook his head to the question.

"We'll have to order a psych evaluation I'm afraid then Eddie" he said and Eddie shot Sonia a glance.

Did she know this is all her fault?

The doctor finally left and Sonia let out a cry and hugged her son.

"Oh Edward! I was so scared when they Called me over here! And hearing you were with those people when this happened, I should have seen it coming," the woman said and Eddie almost started shaking he was so mad. But he didn't have the strength to yell.

"Ow Sonia that hurts," the boy whispered, all he wanted was to get her out. "Can I have some alone time, to sleep?"

"Of course sweetie." She said as she finally walked out the door. The boy wanted to scream as Loud as he could. Tell her she was a horrible person, that she caused all of this. Tell her that he hates her and that she almost killed him. But the truth was the boy didn't have it in him, he was so broken down by her that he just couldn't do it. He let his head fall back onto his pillow and tears slowly fells down his face.

There was a small almost silent knock on the door followed by the door opening.

"Hey, I didn't say come in-" Eddie started to say, thinking the knocking was his mom again. But then he saw the familiar black curls and pale skin.

"Richie!" Eddie screamed as Richie shushed him and slammed the door shut, locking it.

"Sonia wasn't letting me in, sorry eds," he panted out and then he ran up to the boy. He cupped eddies face and kissing him softly on the lips and stayed there for a couple seconds.

"Richie, I'm so sorry about all this messed up shit. I'm so sorry." Eddie whispered.

"Eds, you don't need to apologize. I'm so sorry I didn't stop Sonia. I should fucking kill her for what she did to you. Did you tell the doctors yet?" Rich asked and Eddie looked away.

"I c-can't r-Richie," he whispered even quieter as tears ran to his eyes. "They'll send me away. Maybe they'll even send me to Frank. I can't do that."

"Oh...right...." Richie said looking away "I'm so sorry eds. From now on I'll protect you. I'll protect you no matter what." Richie said and then he pulled Eddie into another kiss. Eddie ran his hands through Richies hair and tugged slightly at the curls.

With Sonia thinking Eddie was alseep, the two stayed together in his hospital bed for hours. They talked for a while and in the end they were making out as day became night again.

That's when they both heard Sonia trying to open the locked door, followed by shouts of her asking Eddie to open the door.