Fourteen

Ew it's a Monday but here's a depressing ass chapter for y'all

Includes harsh content

Richie pulled his truck into his front yard and jumped out.

Unlocking his door with the spare key and stepping in, Richie could already smell the alcohol.

The house was dim, and there was a bottle laying broken and spilled on the ground in front of him. Richie sighed.

"Richie!" He heard the familiar voice of his mom shout. "Is that you?"

"Who else would it be?!" Richie shouted back, not in the mood to talk to her.

Maggie stumbled into the kitchen and reached for another bottle. Richie rolled his eyes.

"Don't you think you've had enough?" He told her.

"What did I tell you about attitude Richard?" She said back as she poured herself a new glass.

"Fine, do whatever you like," Richie said and under his breathe he whispered the word "bitch". But it was clearly not quiet enough because Maggie whipped her head around and shouted

"Excuse me?"

Richie looked up in terror to see her with a face of anger.

"I-I'm s-sorry" he stuttered out through clenched teeth.

"I'm done with your shit Richie! It's always the same thing with you!" She started to shout and Richie kept his head down.

"Well sorry you're a drunk! Sorry I can't bare to be around you!" he shouted.

"Well don't worry! It won't hurt me, cause guess what me and dad call you behind your back?! Huh?" She continued and Richie did not want to be here to hear the answer.

"He thinks your worthless! And so do I! I mean look at yourself!" She screamed pointing at Richies face.

"You're a mess Richard! Always getting beat up, and look at that written across your face, God! You're nothing!" She shouted as tears streamed down Richies face.

Richie Always heard his parents arguing, but he never dreamed it was about how much they hated him.

"At least I don't go through bottles of alcohol like it's nothing!" Richie finally shouted back, feeling his face burn.

Maggie picked up the glass near her and threw it at Richie, the boy barely missed it.

"Go to your room!" Maggie screamed, and Richie was about to follow her instructions when he turned to her and shouted

"Oh and wanna know what these bruises and the words on my forehead are for?" He spat

"It's cause I'm fucking a boy in my class!" He finished and then he turned his back to her and threw up his middle finger.

Maggie stayed there in shock as she unscrewed the cap to a new bottle of liquor. Richie stomped up the stairs as he heard Maggie shout comments of how she hated him and how he was lying.

The boy slammed his door shut and threw his bookbag across the room. He let out a groan of frustration. He didn't mean to tell Maggie he way gay, just he wanted to say anything that would make her mad.

Her words kept echoing in Richies mind.

Youre worthless

The boy grabbed at his hair and paced back and forth. Running his hands frantically through his hair he kept hearing his mothers words. And kept seeing her throwing a glass at his head.

The boy couldn't take it. Couldn't take coming home to her everyday.

He leaned against a wall and threw his glasses on the ground, wiping tears off his face. He never knew his dad thought of Richie like that. He hated it.

The boy screamed out in frustration and turned around to face the wall, then, without thinking, he lifted his fist into the air and threw it against the wall.

The wall gave in and he left a big crack, lifting his knuckles from the dent, he saw his hand was covered in blood and was already swelling.

Nice going dumbass he thought, holding his shaking hand. Still hearing his mothers shouts of protest, Richie grabbed his pack of cigarettes and headed for the window.

He hopped out the window and slid down the roof, lowering himself onto the ground, his knuckles feeling as if they were on fire.

The boy parked his truck near eddies house and started climbing up to his window. When he looked inside, he saw Eddie curled up near his bed, gripping his knees.

He rolled the window up and Eddie snapped his head over, only to relax when he saw Richie. Richie grinned and threw his legs over the window sill and slid in.

"Hey eds," the boy said as he sat next to Eddie on the floor. Eddie looked at Richie and frowned.

"Richie.. You're face.." He said lifting his hand to the words on his forehead.

"Hey.. It's okay, I'm okay" Richie whispered. That's when Eddie noticed Richies split and bleeding knuckles.

"Did you......punch Henry back?" The boy asked in surprise. He would never be that brave.

"Oh...no way, I just got mad, and sorta, took it out on a wall." He replied.

"Hey, Sonia will have bandages, let me help you." Eddie said as he pushed himself up and left the room. The boy smiled at how caring Eddie was. That's when Richie noticed a trash can that was directly next to where Eddie was sitting.

Richie tipped up his head to get a better look inside the trash can when his face went white. Inside was a pool of blood, with small pills and bits of food inside.

Richie pushed himself away from the trash can and tried to look for an explanation.

The door opened to see Eddie holding a container of white bandages and gauze. He dropped it next to Richie and started cleaning all the cuts on Richies face. Then he finally scrubbed the words off his face with rubbing alcohol. Richie stayed silent.

Eddie grabbed the boys hand and cleaned up all the dried blood and wrapped it with the rest of the gauze.

"There ya go, all cleaned up," the boy said, smiling up at Richie, but the smile wasn't returned.

"Eddie..." Richie started, still pale and shaking. "What's in your trash can?"

Eddie was regretting this question, hoping Richie hadn't seen it. Hoping he wouldn't ask Eddie what was wrong.

"Erm... Oh...." He started, not able to find an excuse. "Erm.."

"Eds?" The bandaged boy whispered as he grabbed Both eddies hands and looked him in the eyes "what's wrong?"

"Erm.." Eddie continued, trying not to look in Richies eyes.

"Eds, tell me.." Richie whispered.

"It's the pills Richie... They're hurting me bad," and then eddies eyes filled with tears, and Richie wiped his face.

"I can't stop throwing up," he whispered "it's everyday now, I feel like I'm dyin-" but Richie cut the boy off with a kiss, he kissed him on the lips. Soft at first, then hard, pressing his face into eddies.

"Don't worry eds, I would never let anything like that happen to you," he said as he pulled away from eddies lips. Eddie pushed his face into Richie this time and kissed him.

"I'm scared rich," Eddie whispered.

"Me too," Richie whispered back, they're foreheads were touching, both the boys crying now.

"Please don't leave my side, I can't be alone right now," Eddie whispered, feeling utterly pathetic, but the truth was, Richie was about to say the same.

"As long as you never leave my side" Richie whispered back and the two laid down, Richie on top, and Eddie pressed his lips into Richies.

It was this moment Sonia decided to open eddies door.