Nine

Includes harsh content

"Richie!" Eddie shouted out as he ran up to his house, as he got closer he heard more sound of glass breaks and shouts from two adults.

"Hey" Richie said sadly, taking another drag from his cigarette and looking down at his bright red knuckles.

"Rich what's going on?" Eddie asked, concerned at the whole situation.

"Come on, let's get out of here before they run out of glass to break," Richie stated, standing up and grabbing eddies hand, the two hopped on richies bike and Richie pedaled away from the toziers house.

Richie finally stopped pedaling at the Derry park. The two boy hopped off and sat on the wet grass under a tree.

"Richie, are you okay?" He asked, seeing one is his hands was bright red and his cheeks were shiny with tears.

"Yeah, just the same old shit. Parents got mad at me for some stupid reason, dad threw a bottle and I blocked it with one of my hands, then I ran out the house as my parents started to yell at each other about some other stupid shit." He said, looking down.

"Richie, im so sorry, I-I" Eddie began to say

"It's cool, really, you get use to it after a while. So what's with you, you never told me why you had to leave so quickly" Richie said, changing the subject to Sonia. Eddie shivered, he didn't want to let Richie know what was going on.

"Just normal shit, ya know. Just normal mother worrying" Eddie lied.

"Oh come on, you were practically pissing your pants because it was 11:30, so what if your mom found out you snuck out, what's the big deal?" Richie pressed on, clearly not falling for eddies excuse.

"So she's a little overprotective, that's it, alright?" Eddie wanted the conversation to be over, he could feel Richie clearly wanting to continue.

"Then what was that watch alarm set for?" And that was the one question he didn't want Richie asking. The one thing he didn't have a lie for.

"Erm, uh, you know.." The boy looked for a lie and found nothing, his mind was blank. "It's an alarm for when I have to take this medication, alright?" He gave in and tried his hardest to make the statement sound normal.

"Medication? That's bullshit, you're normal Eddie spaghetti, trust me, I know the types of people who need to take medication" he said and Eddie didn't know what to say.

"Well, Sonia seems to believe I'm one of those people." He whispered quietly, but Richie still heard it just as clear.

"Just don't take it." He suggested and how Eddie wished it was that simple.

"I can't, okay? She just keeps pressing on me until I take them all." Eddie replied, feeling ashamed.

"All? How many pills are you taking eds?"

"Too many." Eddie whispered as he saw tears fall to the ground.

"What are they for?" Richie asked, getting scared for Eddie.

"I have no idea, Richie, I have no idea" and he felt more tears fall to the earth. He felt ashamed but also scared for what the pills were for.

"Oh.. Come here eds" he said, pulling Eddie into his arms, and wiping his face.

" you shouldn't be comforting me, you have actual real life problems. I'm just a sissy gay boy who can't say no to his mommy. Oh how Henry would love to know that" Eddie said through clenched teeth.