Eight

Includes harsh content

Eddie woke up to his alarm blaring 6:30 am. He starting to roll his eyes when he realized it was Saturday. Finally Saturday.

He was wide awake now so he decided to get dressed. Eddie pulled on a grey sweater and his pair of black ripped jeans, he smiled in the mirror, seeing himself in his own clothes again. Eddie had a black eye forming and his nose was Crooked.

Wonder what Sonia'll say Eddie thought.

He thought about his morning medication, and he thought about those brightly colored pills. He couldn't do it, he couldn't walk down those stairs to see her.

Eddie made sure his door was locked, he grabbed his lighter, a pack of cigarettes, and hopped out the window. He ran in the cold October air and ran until he saw richies dented red truck.

Eddie picked up small pebbles as he walked up to richies house.

Shit Eddie thought how you going to know which Window is his dumbass?

Eddie realized he had never actually been inside richies house. He looked as best he could through the window farthest to the left top floor, he looked at every window until he saw a strokes band poster from a distance.

Eddie smiled and started throwing pebbles at that window. After the third pebble landed on richies window, he saw a tired looking pale boy pop his head into view, he wasn't wearing glasses and therefore was squinting to see who was throwing pebbles.

Eddie smiled at how cute he looked. Richie soon noticed it was Eddie standing in the middle of the street and he gave Eddie a hand motion telling him not to move.

After a minute, the door to his house opened and Eddie ran inside. Richie threw his hand up to his mouth, giving a sign that told Eddie to be silent. He then grabbed eddies hand and led him up the stairs into his room. Richie was wearing striped boxers and a black hoodie.

Once Richie shut the door to his room, he sighed in relief.

"Hey sorry, my parents are asleep and they really don't like noise" Richie said.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know, just I couldn't stay in my house. Sonia's been acting weird lately" Eddie said, picturing her shoving pills into his face.

Richie smiled, he walked closer to Eddie, intertwined his hand with his, and led Eddie to the floor next to his bed. They sat down and Eddie leaned against richies shoulder. He felt so safe here, it was so quiet and Richie still had the window open, as a breeze floated in.

Richie noticed the cigarettes in Eddie back pocket and he reached for them. They both smoked through a cigarette and then Eddie shifted in position so he was facing Richie.

"So.." He said, putting out the cigarette on his shoe.

"So.." Richie said back, waiting for what Eddie was trying to say.

"Yesterday..." Eddie started to say, turning a brighter shade of red and not able to keep eye contact with Richie.

"Yesterday was really fun" Richie said back, trying to help Eddie feel more comfortable. He smiled at how red he was getting.

"Yeah, yeah, really fun." Eddie said, looking back at Richie. "But..." Eddie had no idea how to phrase what he wanted to say. He was also starting to sweat.