| s e v e n |

"Committing mistake is not a big deal but realizing and making up for the mistake is what matter."

~~

S h r a d d h a

"Shit!" I cursed under my breath when all the books I was holding landed with a thud on the floor.

I bent down to pick up the books when a hand appeared on mine. I looked up to see Varun trying to help me up with my books.

He smiled before handing me the books and turned to go but I stopped him.

"Wait." I said and he stopped to look at me.

"Thanks." I said.

"It's nothing." He said.

"It's not about today, Varun. It's about yesterday." I said.

"It's okay, Shraddha. Just be careful." He said and I nooded wondering how to push this conversation.

"So, do you forgive me?" He asked and I thought for a few minutes before looking into his eyes and giving a small smile.

"Yes." I said. -Everyone does mistakes but very few realize their mistake and apologize and I think Varun is one of them.

The fact that he is feeling guilty for his mistake is appreciable.

"So, friends." He asked, holding his hand for a handshake.

"Friends." I said and held his hand when s shiver ran through my spine. I looked into his eyes to see him giving a smile which made him look ten times more attractive than he is.

My heart did a crazy dance by looking into his face making me confused but I welcomed the feeling, wholeheartedly.

We became such a good friends and being the immature person I was completely trusted him.

And, that's the worst mistake I have ever done in my life.

End of flashback
________________________________

I was walking in a daze unaware of my surroundings when someone pulled me to a side.

"Shraddha, where the hell were you?"

Alia looked concerned and I hugged her tears welling up in my eyes.

"What happened?" She whispered. I broke the hug to look at her.

"He is back." I said.

"Who is back? What are you saying?" She asked and I couldn't utter his name. I was seeing him after two years and my emotions are all over the place, right now.

Why? Why did he come back after so long? Why did he have to come into my life, again?

Surely, he would see me studying here? How would he react? Will he ignore me or does he atleast remember me?

"Shraddha." Alia said.

"I just......need some time alone." I said. -I did not have the heart to say Varun is here in this college.

"Okay but tell me who is here?" She asked.

"Varun." I blurted out.

"Oh my God." She gasped in shock.

We stood in silence for a few seconds until Alia decided to speak.

“But how? Why did he choose to come here out of all the colleges?” She asked, confused.

"Look Shraddha, I know it's hard for you but it's two years and I guess you need to pretend he doesn't exist." She said.

How could I pretend Varun doesn't exist when my heart still beats for him?

How could I not get affected by him when I love him the most?

Just then I noticed Varun walking towards us. I grabbed Alia's hand and dargged her to escape from him.

“Varun's here. I should not be seen.” I said.

“Have you gone mad, Shraddha? Why do we need to hide away from him? It's not like we have commited a mistake.” She said.

We stopped behind a wall and I looked at her. She was right. But why was I hiding from him?

The answer is simple. —I am not ready to face him after what I had went through. I do not want to see him again in my life.

“The one who needs to hide is Varun not you.” She said. —It's true. I don't have any necessary to hide from him. But, I do not have the guts to face him.

Funny, how I thunk about the person each and every second but I find myself running away from the same person when he appears in front of me.

~~~

Spare me for any grammatical errors.
How was the chapter?
Next update next week. Please vote and comment.

New readers also, please do vote and comment if you liked the chapter.
Thanks for reading.