| t w e n t y s i x |

Distance is not a matter when two souls are connected by love.”

<><>

O n e m o n t h l a t e r

S h r a d d h a

"Here's your order.Your favourite cappuccino,have a good day." I said cheerfully.

"What an aroma." The girl said exhaling the smell of it. I gave a pleasant smile.I took the plate and went ahead to greet one of my regular customer.

"Happy morning Suhana." I greeted with a chirpy smile.

Suhana looked up from her book and flashed a genuine smile, closing her book and kept it aside.

"I haven't seen you these days." I said.

"Exams." She replied.

Even though, I want to sit and talk more with her I can't as the business is quite busy today.

"Suhana, catch you later and your usual fresh cup of caffeine with doughnut coming right up." I said and made my way towards the counter.

I leaned against the wall and wiped the sweat from my forehead.

Today, has been a busy day and I was happy as long the customers enjoy the stay here.

"Are you ok?"

"Of course I am, Ajith." I replied without looking at him because I know he is the only one who manages to talk with me amidst his work.

One month back, I left the college the city as well. I asked permission in my college and told I will be attending only the exams as graduation is important to me.

I came here to my grandparents house and decided to settle here. This is my own cafe my grandfather's to be precise. But since he is no more, I took the initiative to look after it.

My parents were happy with my decision and I visited them once in a while and after few years they would be moving in with me.

Ajith if of great help to me since I started working in this cafe.

"Ajith." I called out to him.

He nodded pouring steaming milk in the mug.

"Thank you." I said.

I don't know why I felt the urge to thank him all of a sudden. -He stopped his work and stared at me blankly.

"For what?"He questioned raising his eyebrows.

"For everything you did to me."I said.

"Idiot." He muttered, rolling his eyes and resumed his work.

I smiled even though he wasn't looking at me and went back to grab the other customer's order.

I always wanted to run my own business, small or big and here I am working on my own.

Sometimes, I miss my place, my friends, my parents and him. Since, I am lonely here but I prefer to enjoy the loneliness and I am slowly getting used to it.

~

"So,are you happy here?" Ajith asked.

"Indeed, I am." I said.

I couldn't help but question myself about it.

Am I happy?

The answer is no. I am not happy. I am just satisfied with this life. There's a difference between being happy and satisfied in life.