| n i n e |

Pleasure of love lasts but a moment, pain of love lasts a lifetime.”

- Bette Davis

~~

S h r a d d h a

This balance sheet is not at all tallying.” Alia said, throwing her pen on the paper frustrated.

“Sid, can you help me with this?” She asked, her eyes still on the paper. She called him again but received no response.

We looked at Sid confused to see him aldready dozen off on the bench, slightly snoring.

Alia rolled her eyes while I let out a chuckle before looking into her paper.

“You have gotten most of the assests side amount wrong.” I said.

“Here, check it out.” I said, handling my sloved balance sheet.

“Wow. How did you do this?” She asked, amused.

“It's nothing. Just focus. Accountancy is not that bad. It will be dead easy if you gain interest on it.” I said.

“What happened? Has the lunch time arrived, yet?” Sameer whispered while Alia beat him up with her book.

“Get up, you idiot. If professor sees you, you will be in big trouble.” She said. Sameer covered his head with a book in response and resumed sleeping.

My mind went back to yesterday's incident. Ever since I saw him face to face, I couldn't sleep nor I could do any other properly without remembering about him.

I hate myself for giving such an importance to him in my life even though........he betrayed me.

Shaking his thoughts, I tried to focus on solving more accountancy problems when the bell rang making Sid get up frantically looking around.

“Finally, the hippopotamus decided to wake up.” Alia said making Sid frown.

“Time to eat. Let's go.” Sid said, getting up.

“This guy always thinks about food. I don't know how he manages to maintain his well built body by eating lots of food.” Alia said.

“I take that as a compliment, dear friend. Now come on let's go if we do not want us to wait in queue.” He said.

The cafeteria was crowded by now but luckily, we somehow manged to find three seats in a corner without any disturbance from the rest of the students.

I looked around and my heart skipped a beat when I noticed Varun sitting in a corner burying his head with his books.

He was sitting alone and I guess he was yet to make friends as he was new to this college but still he surprised me.

“Come on Shraddha, let's have some fun.” Varun said while I shook my head.

“Varun, we have exams coming up in a week and do you want us to go the resort to have fun?”I asked, shocked.

“Seriously, I hate studying. Moreover, there is still one week left.” He said, as if there is still one year left for the exams.