Beautiful rainy day

"Demi! Demi!" I shouted as I ran up the stairs of my girlfriend's apartment. I could tell that she has been having a bad day, and it sucks that I had to be in school instead of with her.
I made my way into her room and the sobs I heard her make as she laid on her side were heartbreaking. "Oh, baby..." I whispered as I watched Demi turn around and sniffle while looking at me.
"I-I got your text message..." I continued as I made my way over to the side of the bed. "What happened?" I asked , but I already knew the answer.
You see, when I have a bad day, all I think is 'screw it'. But when Demi has a bad day, it brings back old, bad memories of how she use to handle it.
When she had texted me about feeling that way, I made it my mission to run to her apartment as soon as I could.
"Can-Can I just h-have a hug? Pl-please?" Demi mumbled out between her ragged breathing. I quickly pulled her up to me.
"Of course you can Dem, you don't even need to ask..." I whispered as I slowly pulled her towards me.

I felt my shoulder become wet with her tears but did I care? Nope, not at all. I put my arms tighter around her, staying like that for-who knows how long. But eventually I pulled away enough to look at her.
"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked only to get a head shake in response.
"N-No." Demi said before pulling me back into her for 'round 2' of our hug. I wasn't complaining...
Eventually Demi had cooled down enough for me to lead her back to the bad.
"Come lay with me? Tell me everything..." I whispered softly as I pulled Demi down to lay on me.

"Where do I even begin?" Demi asked herself as I started to play with her hair to relax her.
"I'm getting hate on Twitter because of what I said about Lady Gaga, I woke up feeling ugly... I-I was told by another one of her 'fans' on Instagram that I was a fat whore who didn't deserve to have a girlfriend... A-Another 'fan' said that I should just go back to cutting..." I shut my eyes as I heard all of this leave her mouth. I leaned over to the bed side table to grab a napkin, I wiped away some of her tears with it before she grabbed it herself.

I remember the first time I got hate for coming out as Demi's girlfriend, it was horrible... My worst nightmare. But to know what that pain feels like, and then to watch someone you love go through it? Now that's painful.
"...Then I went outside for some air and the paps caught me...So that was 'fun' then I came back home after trying to runaway from the paps and fans but of course, I tripped and fell while I was running! My knee still hurts..." She whispered the last part with a pout on her lips. I sighed as I replayed everything she had told me.
"It's okay." I said as I didn't let up with playing with her hair. "I'm here. For how ever long you need me..." I said and smiled when I saw Demi look at me and whisper so softly 'forever'.
We laid there in peaceful silence before I got an idea. I slowly began to sing Demi's favorite 'bad day' song. It's the same one she sings to me.
I stare at my reflection in the mirror:
"Why am I doing this to myself?"
Losing my mind on a tiny error,
I nearly left the real me on the shelf.
Demi looked up at me and slowly shut her eyes as I continued.
No, no, no, no, no...
Don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars!
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay.
As soon as I said that part, I picked up Demi's chin so she could open her eyes and look at me. It was okay to not be fully 'okay' and it was Demi who had showed me that.
Sometimes it's hard to follow your heart.
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are!
Demi closed her eyes again and before I could open my mouth for the next part, she whispered out so quietly, her voice breaking ever few notes.
Brushing my hair-do I look perfect?
I forgot what to do to fit the mold, yeah!
The more I try the less it's working, yeah
'Cause everything inside me screams
No, no, no, no, no...
I pushed her hair away as I saw tears seep out the corners of her closed eyes. I leaned down and gave her a light peck to her forehead. Softly, I breathed out the next part against her forehead.
Don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars!
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay.
Sometimes it's hard to follow heart.
But tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
There's nothing wrong with who you are!
As soon as the last line left my mouth , Demi had found her way to my lips. The kiss was so gentle , it was like brushing a feather across my lips. She took my breath away , but thank god I found enough to sing the next part.
Yes, no, egos, fake shows, like whoa!
Just go and leave me alone!
Real talk, real life, good love, goodnight,
With a smile that's my home!
That's my home, no...
No, no, no, no, no...
... And with no more pauses, I sang the rest.
Don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars!
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay...
Sometimes it's hard to follow your heart.
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are!
Yeah yeah yeah
When I looked back down at Demi , I saw a peaceful sleeping angel. I moved around so I was spooning her, my hand running up and down her arm before stopping to grab her hand.
"I love you..." I whispered before closing my eyes.