That's just how I feel...

You sighed in anger as you walked away from yet another jerk sitting at a table. You were a waitress at this small 'hole in the wall' diner but it felt like you were getting treated like crap everyday. Guys would flirt with you, girls would act as if you were their slaves and the tips? Ha. The only thing that made this job even worth working at was-
"You okay?" A voice asked, cutting you off from your moment of self pity. You smiled brightly as you looked up.
"Oh! Well , I am now that you're here." You said teasingly as Demi put her purse on top of the counter.
"Yup!" Demi said as she walked behind the counter and grabbed her apron that was folded up. "That's me... The sunshine of your day..." She shoot back and you giggled as she began to tie up the apron.
"Okay." She said once she was done. "Which one's mine?" She asked as she looked around the place. There weren't that many people there today but you couldn't help but have your eyes go straight to the table where that jerk sat.
He was refusing to leave until he got your number and no matter how many threats you used on him, he didn't buy any of them. Well, maybe it also had to do with the fact that you aren't that good of a lair...
"Tell you what..." You finally said. "You get the jerk with the sweatshirt on to leave, and I'll take care of the rest of your tables for today..." You said and Demi chuckled.

"I don't know..." She said as she shook her head. "He seems like a hard cookie." She continued as she rubbed her hairless chin as if stroking a bread. You laughed at the serious face she had as she did it. Finally though, she clapped her hands together as if getting an idea.
"Okay." She said but before you could hold out your hand for her to shake , she continued. "But if I do get him to leave, you have to agree to stay the night at the dinner with me..."
You knew exactly what she meant and even if you had a crush on Demi, you couldn't just turn around and start dating her. Things aren't that simple! You two worked together, she was the only thing that made you feel good about working at a shitty place like this...
The only thing you could think about whenever she asked you out was: what if you two broke up? What if she ended up hurting you? What if you ended up finding out that you like the thought of her more then actually being with her? You couldn't put yourself through that... And yet, that pleading look on her face seemed so tempting...
"Alright." You finally said. "But you have to get him to leave. Deal?" You asked as you held out your hand again, Demi smiled grabbing it with a nice gentle grip. "Deal..."

Demi walked away and made her way over to the table. You watched as the two began to talk and Demi soon wrote something down on a piece of paper before handing it to the guy and leaving, a smile on her face as the sound of a chair pushing back from a table filled her ears. The guy left. Just like that, he was gone.
"H-How did you do that?" You asked in shock as you watched the guy take out his phone to call someone as he walked passed the window of the diner.
"Easy." Demi said with a shrug. "I just gave him a fake number."

Laughter filled the diner as a light sound of rain filled the moments of peaceful quietness. Your cheeks actually hurt from all the smiling and your stomach was the exact same way. The laughter soon died down but Demi continued to stare at you from across the booth you two sat at.
"What?" You asked after a moment. Demi just smiled lightly before shaking her head and mumbling 'nothing' so light that it almost sounded breathless. You nodded but still moved a hand over your mouth and cheeks just to be sure there was no left over cake from earlier still there.
"Do you want some more coffee?" Demi asked as she started to get up. You nodded but stopped her. "I'll get it." You said, getting up only to feel Demi's soft hands on your shoulders as she pushed you to sit back down lightly.
"No... I got it, you're the princess tonight." She said as she walked over to the counter and grabbed the fresh pot of coffee. No one had ever called you that before... Your heart fluttered at the fact that Demi did.

She returned soon enough with the pot of coffee, pouring your cup first before sitting down and pouring herself another cup. Her hands beat yours as she grabbed the Half&Half mini cups from the little stand on the table, putting three in your cup for you before grabbing the sugar packets.
"Oh , I only use-" Demi cut you off.
"Two. I know..." She said as she ribbed open the two packets of sugar and poured it into your cup, she stirred it for you too. Soon, she picked up the spoon from your mug and held it out for you.
"You always like to lick the spoon after you're done stirring it, right?" She asked as she smiled at you. You chuckled lightly, grabbing the spoon from her.
"Yeah... How do you know all of that?" You asked as you corked your head to the side. She narrowed her eyes onto the table top as a way to not look you in the eye.
"I may have your whole coffee order remembered to the T..." She mumbled as a blush made itself present on the apple's of her cheeks.
"You do?" You asked as you watched her look up at you.
"Of course I do. I try to know everything there is to know about you... And there are still some things that I don't know." She said and you nodded before putting the spoon in your mouth, after licking it clean, you placed it down on a napkin.

"Alright." You said as you waited.
"Alright what?" Demi asked confused.
"What do you want to know about me?" You asked as you folded your arms over the table and waited for her to ask her questions.
"Well, How about... Do you like me?" She asked and you chuckled.
You took a moment to really think that question over. You two were co-workers, best friends even. Could you really put that all on the line because of some crush...
Some crush that is way too strong to just be a 'crush'?
Some crush that is starting to become all you ever think about?
Some crush that is starting to become everything you ever wished for in a girlfriend?
Those types of things aren't just part of 'some crush'. Not to you anyway... So that's why you nodded your head.
"D-Do you like me?" You asked.
"No..." Demi said. Your heart broke into a million pieces as you watched her smile. She looked as if she enjoyed saying that, maybe this was her plan... To get you to admit that you like her just so she could turn around and rub it in your face... Maybe-
"Y/N... I'm in love with you." Those words rang through your thoughts, killing every bad thought you had about her a few seconds ago. She got up from her side of the booth, sitting next to you as she grabbed your hand.

"Do you remember your first day on the job?" She asked and you only nodded, still too shocked by her earlier confession.
"Remember how you broke the old coffee maker?" She asked and you rolled your eyes.
"That thing was already broken." You stated.
"Do you remember how all the foam started to go everywhere?" She asked as she began to chuckle, you joined in quickly.
It'd been your first day at this new job and you were left alone. An old man had come in asking for an all black coffee with extra foam. You'd made the coffee with no problem, it was trying to turn off the machine that made a huge mess. You'd pushed down too hard on the pole that made the foam and it went spraying everywhere.
Demi had ended up coming to your rescue and took the blame when your boss came out asking what the hell had happened. That's how you two met, that's how you two became best friends...

"When I first saw you - foam in your hair and make up smeared - I thought that you were the most beautiful girl alive... And that hasn't changed." Demi whispered as her hand began to hold yours with more tenderness, as if you were a piece of glass.
"Y/N... I wanted to ask you out that same night... But I chickened out last minute and-I guess what I'm trying to say is... I just... I- Oh, what the hell..." She said, and before you could ask her what she meant by that her lips crashed into yours with tremendous speed and passion.
Soon though, she pulled away. "I'm not gonna chicken out anymore..." She whispered against your lips as you tried to catch your breath.
"I can see that..." You mumbled jokingly before looking at her with a giant smile. All fear seemed to be gone by just noticing the way she looked at you... The way she talked about being in love with you.
"I'm really glad you won the bet..." You whispered and Demi chuckled as she nodded while leaning in again.
"So am I..."