A walk down memory lane

"Where are we going exactly?" I ask as Demi hands me a cup of coffee while I sit up in our bed. It was exactly 3 in the morning and Demi woke me up to say that we were leaving. I laughed it off first thinking she was just kidding, but when she started shaking me again-repeating the same thing as before - I knew she wasn't joking around.
"It's a surprise." Demi stated as she began to pull at my arm. I chugged down as much coffee as I could before getting up from the bed and allowing Demi to pull me in the dark towards the bedroom door.
"I can't believe I'm letting you do this..." I groaned quietly. We lived in a one bedroom loft and I didn't wanna wake anyone else in the building up. These walls are paper thin...

"Can't this wait until morning?" I asked as Demi put one of her sweaters on me. It was spring time, but it was always cold at night. I couldn't believe I was allowing my girlfriend of almost 7 years to drag me out of our warm loft to take me god knows where!
"No." Demi stated. "I've had this planned for weeks! Please!" Demi continued and since my brain was so fuzzy, I just nodded and followed her out the front door.

I was so tired, I didn't even care about the fact that I was wearing some plaid pajama bottoms with one of Demi's shirts and also one of her sweaters. But it slowly clicked in my mind as we were walking down the stairs that I only had fuzzy socks on my feet.
I stopped walking to tell Demi, but before I could open my mouth, I was being picked up. Demi mumbled something about me needing to move faster cause the car wouldn't wait forever as I wrapped my legs around Demi's waist so she wouldn't drop me and my arms had a tight grip around her neck. My hair was tied up so I knew she could see where she was going from over my shoulder.

We soon made it outside and I could hear a car door opening. Demi let me go in first before sliding in next to me. I thought that maybe now I could know where we were going but instead of telling the driver an address, she just gave him a nod and he started driving. I laid my head on Demi's shoulder and could feel my eyes begin to close, but they snapped back open as Demi began to talk.
"Do you remember the first time we met?" She asked and I looked at her from my place on her shoulder, giggling as I nodded.

FLASHBACK:
My eyes slowly creep towards the 16 year old standing next to me in this not so big elevator before quickly looking back down on the floor. She's cute, that's a given but I know for a fact she wouldn't want me... I mean, I'm nothing special.

I run my fingers through my hair that I had decided to wear out instead of having it in a messy ponytail. I press my lips into a thin line as I notice her leg has not stopped shaking, her 'raccoon' eye makeup making her look like she's slightly unstable and her brown thinned out hair was a mess.

All in all, she looked hot as all hell. Yet when she first stepped into the elevator, I couldn't seem to ask her anything. She'd leaned over towards me and like the idiot I am, I assumed she was backing me up against the wall only to see her pressing the button with a number 6 on it.

The elevator shuddered as it began to shake slightly, throwing me off guard completely. We began to stumble as the elevator continued to shake and groan before finally giving out one last shudder that made us bump into each other.
It stopped and the lights went off causing me to squeak.. I hate the dark! Soon, emergency lights came on. A dark shade of red lighting up the small elevator. I looked up at her before realizing that my arms were wrapped tightly around her waist.
"S-Sorry..." I muttered, my face heating up as I let go of her. My heart was pounding in my chest.
"This is why I hate elevators..." She grumbled out in anger as she stumped over towards the emergency call button, pressing it hard.
"Hello. Please state your emergency." A woman's calm voice stated and for a moment I wondered if that was a computer or a real person.
"The elevator stopped." The girls voice spoke as if this should've been obvious to the woman.
"I apologize for that ma'am. A few men came in this morning to work on the electricity in the building, they had to troubleshoot all of the electricity." The woman stated and I couldn't help but go into a slight panic.
I mean, here I was, stuck in this elevator now with a girl who I think is totally hot and I have no idea what to say or do.
"And how long will we be stuck in here then?" The girl asked and there was a pause on the other side, like hesitation.
"At the least, half an hour..." The woman trialed off.
"But?" The girl pushed.
"But it might end up being an hour and a half." The lady stated. "Is there anyone with you?" The lady asked and the girl looked back at me before sighing and saying yes.
"Well then make yourselves comfy!" And with that the line went dead.
"I hate my life." The girl growled out before walking and plopping down in the corner of the elevator.
"Well... We're in here for awhile... Might as well get to know each other." I stated and watched as the girl looked up at me before sighing and patting the space right next to her so I could sit. I sat next to her with my legs crisscrossed.
"I'm Demi." The girl muttered after a moment of silence.
"Demi." I stated, trying to get a feel of her name. She looked at me with humor in her eyes.
"You too? Huh. Small world I guess.." She stated with a shrug causing me to giggle before shaking my head.
"No actually... Uhh... M-My name's Y/N." I stuttered out.
"Nice to meet you Y/N." Demi stated before holding her hand out for me to shake. I shook her hand and blushed when - even after we were done shaking - she didn't let go of my hand.
"Do you have a girlfriend, Y/N?" Demi asked with a slightly sly smirk playing on her lips and I held back a giggle to shake my head.
"Why do you wanna know, Demi?" I teased and watched as she bit down on her bottom lip.
"Just making conversation..."
END OF FLASHBACK: