This is just the beginning

"This is beautiful..." I whispered softly as Demi motioned for me to go in first. It felt like forever since I'd last seen my girlfriend and she wanted to make my week in L.A. with her special.

On our first night together, we watched a whole bunch of horror movies. It was fun and actually not at all scary, well not with Demi making jokes every two minutes about the actors and the 'killers'.

Our second night was even better - if that's even possible. We went out to a nice little bowling alley that's open 24 hours. Selena had met up with us so we could all have a get together night, which was great considering I felt like I haven't seen her in forever either.

My third day here, we went out to a dance club just a few blocks from where Demi lived. My feet hurt like hell the next day which is why our forth day was spent in bed. But now I was going to leave tomorrow morning - Saturday - and I couldn't be more heartbroken about saying goodbye to my girlfriend, again. I knew it wouldn't be easy having a long distance relationship; I didn't know it would hurt this much... But Demi hasn't brought any of that up. She said we should enjoy our last night together before I go back home and finish up college. "You know I'd do anything for you..." Demi said in a 'It's not a big deal' kind of voice and I smiled brightly. I did know that. I knew that very well actually... So many of the things that Demi did, she did because she knew I would like it. Now, I'm not some kind of gold digger-like her fans like to say I am - but Demi knows that already. She knows that she could come to me with just her heart on her sleeve and I'd be good with just that. Of course that fact never stopped her from wanting to - as she put it - spoil me rotten. "I have a gift for you." She stated after awhile in silence. She had set up a blanket fort in the living room, putting pillows and little Christmas lights around it to make it look all nice and romantic. She had also put the TV from the living room into the fort too, and with it came a stack of my favorite movies! All of them were romantic. Demi soon came back with a tray full of different looking cupcakes. "Awe..." I said as I looked at all of them. They all had a really cool movie design on them, which made me think that Demi couldn't have made these. They just looked too good. "I bought a few from that bakery we went to a few days ago." Demi explained as if reading my mind. "Thought they would go good with our special night..." She continued as she carefully put the try down. I giggled as I leaned in, needing to give her a kiss as a thank you for everything she's done tonight. She smiled against my lips as the kiss became more passionate then anything else. Soon she pulled away but not before giving yet another peck to my lips. "So, what movie first?" She asked me and I smiled as I picked my favorite from the stack, 'The Notebook'. As I put it in, I felt Demi wrap her arms around my waist from behind, pulling me into her. "Come back..." She whispered in a small whiny voice which caused me to laugh before laying into her side, grabbing a cupcake as I did. Demi opened her mouth and I laughed again. "You're such a baby..." I mumbled and she gave out a playful pout. "Am not." She huffed out playfully and I smiled before putting some icing on the tip of her nose. "Whatever you say..." I said between giggles as Demi went cross eyed so she could try and see what was on her nose.

"Come on..." Demi said as she got up after the movie ended. We had just finished watching 'Dear John' and Demi said that she had a surprise for me outside. As we began to walk, Demi held me back saying she was gonna go get something before walking away to the kitchen. I waited by the sliding door that lead to the back yard, tapping my foot every while as a sign to show her how eager I was to see what was going on behind the curtain of the back door.

She soon came back to me, holding something behind her back. With her free hand, Demi opened the sliding door and motioned for me to go out first. I listened and when I walked out there, what I saw made my eyes well up. It looked so beautiful... The pool in Demi's backyard was filled with bubbles and there was candles everywhere. "I thought we could go for a swim..." Demi said from behind me. "But I have to do this first." She continued before spinning me around with her free hand and taking out what was behind her back. It was a blue cupcake but that's not why I started to cry. It was what was in it... A diamond ring. "D-Demi..." I whispered as I watched her go down on one knee. "I love you Y/N." Demi began. "I've always loved you and I honestly always will. You are the best thing to every come into my life, and I never want you to leave... You have became such a big part of me that every time you're away from me, I don't know how to function, I don't know how to think, how to laugh, how to breath without you..." I sucked in a breath as she continued to look me right in the eye and say all of this, to say I was a sobbing mess would be an understatement. I always remembered making fun of those girls in the movies who cried when a man was asking them to marry him. I always thought that that was so fake, but now, being the one to hear those words, knowing what was coming next... I can tell why they cried.
"I know that I'm a hot mess, and I know it's not easy to be with me at times... But maybe I'm being selfish when I say that I want you to keep putting up with me and my problems, cause without you... Y/N, I'm nothing." Demi said and all I wanted to do was pull her up and kiss her, prove to her that I wasn't going anywhere. "This isn't me asking you to marry me, but trust me, that's the next step for us..." She said as she took the ring out of the icing. "This is me begging you to take this promise ring. This is me telling you that I will always love you and that-when the time is right-this is me saying how badly I want to marry you. I want to live with you, I want to wake up every morning and know that today is a good day, all because I woke up next to you... Please say you'll move in with me..." She whispered as her own tears started to slid down her cheeks. I chocked on a sob as I nodded , too chocked up to say anything else. "Y-Y-Yes... Yes Demi, I will move in w-with you." I finally chocked out and Demi stood back up, grabbing me and pulling me in for a kiss. I quickly kissed back , all of my emotions pouring into one kiss making it the most heated and intense kiss of my life. "I love you Y/N." Demi whispered as we pulled away. "I love you too..." I whispered before holding out my right hand. "Aren't you forgetting something?" I asked in a soft voice. Demi chuckled before slipping the ring on my finger. "It's beautiful..." I said as I continued to look at it. "Y/N... I swear to you, this is just the beginning..." Demi whispered as she pulled me in for another kiss. "And I can't wait." I mumbled against her lips with a soft chuckle. As we kissed I couldn't help but replay what she had said in my head, this is just the beginning...' and my heart melted... Cause I honestly just couldn't wait...