5

The very first thing that they find when they step into the cave? A ray of bright light from a very dazzled flashlight that strikes right into their eyes. They all step back spontaneously at once, before the man holding the flashlight realizes their forms. He quickly turns the light off; not wanting to attract any nocturnal hunter's attention. And once his face is now clearly standing before them, they feel like fainting together in this place. This man...
"Henry?" Anna shrieks in a whisper with disbelief.

The three of them gets shocked and their faces show the exact same expression; either freaked out, happy, scared, or shocked. But most of it, they are really shocked right now.
"Anna? Becky? Anima?!" He almost screams at the sight before him. But before he could, Anima recovers from her shock and smiles at him.
"Mr. Henry," she cheers happily, offering a hand shake, but gets a frowning expression in return.

"Wait." Anna interrupts when he's about to ask what's happened with them. "We are supposed to be the ones questioning what happened to you and the rest of the team, including the master leader, Mr. Gregory Smith." She says.
"What has happened to my Dad, Mr. Henry?" Anima asks, more of pleading him to tell her the full answer. Henry sighs. This cannot be good, Anima thinks.

"Alright, so it's like, I don't know where you guys came from or what are you freaking doing right here, and now you're questioning a thousand and dozens of questions to me I'm feeling interrogated." Henry tries to clear his mind first, before he says another sentence.
"Mr. Smith is right here. He made it out of the crash," he says, dragging his body aside, to show the sleeping figure beside the camp fire. A bright smile curves on Anima's face. I knew it! She cheers in her heart.

I knew Dad is alive! She thinks. "Second, there are a few team members that... didn't make it out." He sighs, his face shows a pure sadness and regret.
"Wait, hang on." Becky says. "Make it out from what? What crash?" She asks, her relieved face changes into a surprised face.
"Our trailer suddenly started shaking violently, and it thrown us all out. We thought it was a system failure. And so, we got stranded here." He tells the whole story.

"And how did you guys manage surviving the last month?" Anima asks in a curious expression.
"Nomadic living," Henry answers.
"And... umm, pine seeds." He adds a few words to his reply.
"Pine seeds?" Anima frowns at the thought of one would be such stupid trying to bite the teeth-cracking shell of a pine seeds shell.
"We're physicist." Henry explains. "Sometimes theories help us quite a bit here, usually it doesn't." He frowns and chuckles a little.

"But we managed to invent a few tools out of stones, and crack the shell. Quite an invention, is it not?" He smirks, chaffing the girl who judged them for trying and crack the pine fruit shell.
"And tonight, it's my turn to take a watch. What a shame," he curses.
"Well, at least you got to meet us, Mr. Henry," Anima says.
"You all must be quite tired, right? Take a rest, and we'll talk later in the morning," Henry suggests, and not long after, they are all laying on the cave floor in a deep slumber.

***

"So, you decided to use the vortex generator too?" The surprised old man gives her a shocked expression.
"Yes, and I can't believe you're really alive, Dad!" She embraces him tight.
"Oh, Anima," he whispers.
"What can we do now without the vortex generator?" He asks sadly. Anima mourns, too. Without the vortex, did that means they're trapped here forever?

"Can't you at least try and fix it?" She asks him back. The big crash must've broke the vortex generator, she thinks. He sighs.
"I'm not sure," he replies.
"But if you can take me and the remaining team back to the ruined trailer, I'll try," added Gregory. The sorrow is blown out of them right the minute Becky blows the camp fire out.