Seven- Christmas with Thomas

Hey look I’m back! Please read my notes down the bottom!!! :D

I’m sorry this imagine is kinda terrible, I will explain below in my end of imagine author note.

Xx <3

-Amber

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk out of our room, into the kitchen were Thomas is rushing around, his tie undone and his good shirt buttoned all wrong, not to mention he’s only wearing one shoe. He’s running his hands though his hair, and keeps packing and un packing the small bag we have packed, with gifts for my parents.

We’re visiting my parents for the first time in months, for a Christmas dinner. Thomas has met them a few times before, and every time he’s just as nervous as the last. And this particular Christmas dinner, he’s been stressing over for days.

“Thomas,” I sigh, stopping him in his tracks and grabbing him by his shoulders, forcing him to stare at me. ”Everything is going to be fine.” I say, staring directly into his dark brown eyes. His eyebrows knit themselves together, in the way they do when he’s thinking.

“What if I mess something up, y/n?” he says, dropping his gaze to the floor. I slide my hands down from his shoulders, past his biceps and his elbows and his forearms, all the way down past his wrists and meeting my hands with his.

“Everything. Is. Going. To . be. Fine. “ I repeat to him. “They love you already. You’re practically part of the family. You just need to be yourself.” I say, pulling myself into his chest, his arms wrapping around my frame by instinct.

“I just want them to like me,” he says, then pauses for a second, and continues in an almost whisper. “I NEED them to like me.” I close my eyes and breathe in his scent, one I’ve grown to know as home.

“Come on,” I look up into his eyes, which are glazed in thought. “We’re going to be late. Don’t forget the presents” I say, breaking our moment. I walk off into the bedroom to get dressed and ready.

When I come out again, Thomas has fixed his tie, and his shirt, and is in the middle of putting on his other shoe. Smiling to myself, I skip over, my Christmas dress bouncing around my legs.

“Ready to go?” I ask, and he looks up at me and smiles.

“Yeah.” He says, but his voice wavers with doubt, and I know he’s still nervous. I take a few more steps towards him, as he stands from putting on his shoe. We’re mere centimetres from each other now, and his smell is infecting my nose, his body heat pulsing into me. I take his hand again, and look up at him, he’s already looking down at me. The effort he’s putting in to appear relaxed is obvious in his eyes.

“They will love you.” I say, leaning forward on my tip toes to give him a quick peck on the lips. I hide my blush from him. No matter how long we’re together, the sparks I feel when I kiss him will always make my stomach do flips. He smirks at me, obviously seeing my blush. But he can’t hide; I can see how pink his ears are(a/n sorry I can just imagine when Thomas blushes, his ears would go really red). “Time to go.” I announce to him, and his lips curve into a nervous smile as we turn off the last light in the house, and lock to front door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

In the car, Thomas’ knuckles turn white on the steering wheel as we drive. Every few minutes, he’ll move them, or run them over the steering wheel, or wipe them on his pants to rid them of sweat. I just quietly listen to the radio, as we drive towards my family home. The time seems to tick by agonisingly slowly, as we enter the neighbourhood I grew up in. we’re almost there.  10 minutes. 5 minutes. 3 minutes. 2. 1. We’re here.