One Shot by @HyppoGirl

"Good Morning." I heard as I have heard practically every morning for the past couple of years. I opened my eyes, and saw Thomas about an inch from my face. He gave me a kiss, and sat up. I sat up as well as our daughter came running in the room. Brodie was 5, turning 6 on Thomas's birthday.

"DAD!" She yelled, "Our birthdays are in two days!" She jumped on the bed.

"Yeah, I know," he said chuckling. He got up off the bed.

"No dad! You don't!" She said, "I'm gonna be 6!" She said, "How old are you gonna be?" She asked.

"Older than you!" He said. She snarled, and jumped on his back. "Oh no! You're stuck now!" He said running out the door, and down the hall. I decided to follow. As I went down the hall their talking got quieter, and quieter. I walked into the living room and saw them on the couch.

"What's for breakfast Mum?" She asked.

"Well, you both know I can't cook, so it's gonna be cereal." I smiled, and pulled my hair back. Brodie cheered, and ran over to the kitchen. "I just can't get over how cute you both are." I laughed.

"Well I try!" He said walking out of the room with a hand on his hip. I laughed, and walked behind him. “So, ‘Mum’, have you gotten me anything for my birthday?” Thomas asked sitting down at the kitchen table as Brodie dug in the refrigerator for the milk.

“No,” I smiled, “I have, however, gotten something for Brodie!” I said ruffling her curls. Brodie looked up at me, and smiled.

“Whatcha get me?” She asked running to sit down next to Thomas before I could.

“You’ll have to wait!” I said, “Both of you!” I said placing the bowls in front of them. I was going back for the cereal when Thomas came up behind me.

“Really though?” He whispered, “What did you get her?”

“I told you! You’ll both have to wait!” I pulled out the cereal, and put it on the table too.

“Since I’m gonna be 6, could I make my own cereal?” Brodie asked.

“Sure, knock yourself out,” I chuckled, “I am going to take a shower. And don’t go snooping for your presents while I’m gone.”

“You know we will!” Thomas yelled as I walked into the bathroom. I quickly took my shower, and saw them sneaking around. They clearly didn’t hear the shower being turned off. I got dressed, and followed from a safe distance.

“Where did she hide our Christmas presents?” Brodie asked.

“Last time, or the time before that?” He asked.

“Both, it could be between the two.” They were whispering loudly, I guess it was just for show.

“Well, last time it was in the top of her closet, and the time before that it was in your closet!” He said. She turned around.

“What about your closet?!” She asked as they looked in the hall closet.

“Good guess, but I looked there last night.” He said sadly.

“Dad?” She asked.

“Yeah?”

“Do you think it’s possible that she hasn’t even bought them yet?” His eyes grew wide.

“You know what; I think that’s very possible! She would’ve at least told me what she got you if she had bought them!” He said.

“Can we,” She paused thinking of the word, “That thing we did at Easter! When we put her in a dark room, and put a light in her face.” She couldn't put her finger on it.

“Interrogate her?” He suggested.

“YES!” She shouted, “Sorry!” She made a face.

“That’s alright, but we can only do that if you remember where you put your detective hats!” He said. She nodded, and ran towards my hiding place; I suddenly flattened against the wall as she ran by. She didn’t even notice. I moved, and was suddenly grabbed around the waist, and carried into the guest bedroom.

“Hi, act as though you are asleep. Brodie, and I are gonna ask a couple questions.” He smiled.

“Ok, but no more mob movies for her!” I cocked an eyebrow at him.

“Ok, deal, but only after we watch one more!” He said. I sighed.

“Fine!”

“Where’s the desk lamp?” He asked.

“Basement,” I laughed, “It’s in the box labeled ‘Do not let Thomas or Brodie near’!” I said. He smiled, and kissed my cheek.

“Thanks.” He ran down the stairs, and came back up after a minute, “This is the part where you act asleep.” He whispered setting up a fold up table. I sighed, and put my head down. I closed my eyes as Brodie ran in carrying two hats.

“Dad! I couldn’t find them, but I did find a fairy hat, and my cowboy hat!” She whispered.

“They will have to do!” he said back. He turned on the light, and I opened my eyes. He was wearing the fairy hat.

“Where’d you hide the loot!?” Brodie asked. “I didn’t hide it!” I said playing along.

“Then who did?!?” She squinted her eyes at me.

“I don’t know! All I know is that I gave the loot to a man in a green fairy hat! He promised to take care of it!” I said, “I didn’t do nothin wrong!” I said.

“Do you think she’s telling the truth chief?” He asked.

“Yeah, we can let her go!” Brodie smiled, “Sorry, for the mix up ma’am,” She said, “Come on, Officer Daddy, we have to find a man in a green fairy hat!” She jumped off her stool. As soon as she left I stood up. Suddenly Brodie cam busting in the room dragging Thomas with her.

“ALRIGHT DIRT BAG! WHERE’S THE LOOT!?” She shouted at Thomas, “Just so you know Daddy, I don’t really think you're a dirt bag!” She said, “WHERE’S THE LOOT?!” She asked again.

“I dunno!” Thomas said. She nodded.

“Alright, but I’m keepin my eyes on you!” She said. Thomas chuckled, and walked out of the room.

“Boy, she sure wants to know where we hid the presents!” He said. I laughed, and he walked into the bedroom to get dressed.

“You gotta go to work today?” I asked. Thomas laughed, and nodded.

“Filming!” He shouted behind him, “OH!” He turned around, “Could I take Brodie with me? She could be an extra!” He smiled, “We would get paid for it!” He laughed. I sighed.

"Alright, but only cause it's almost her birthday." I said.

"Alright, you go tell her, I'm gonna get ready to go." He ran into our room.

"Brodie?" I called. She answered, "You get to go work with dad!" I said. She jumped up, and ran into her room to get dressed. I smiled.

"Boy, the house all to myself! I can't wait!" I sat down on the couch, and started to relax.

so this is a One shot by @HyppoGirl, so all praise must go to her! i will be posting a couple of my own imagines over the next couple of days. stay tuned until then!!

xx <3

-Amber