Chapter Fifteen

Previous on Chapter 14

"I still have my music…I still have TaigaI still have Sei too…"

Someone stepped into the studio, "Not anymore." He kissed Luka by the lips as one of his arms snaked around Luka, bringing her body and her large cleavage pressing to his.

"In other words, I merely use you as a tool."

Kagami touched her by the shoulder. "Tetsu, shhh… what's wrong?" he asked calmly but he noticed Kuroko was moving her lip frantically but there was no voice coming out.

"Tetsu…your voice…it’s gone…”

________________________________

The airport was buzzing with people. Some were waiting for flights; some were waiting for their love ones to arrive, while some waiting in line to get their tickets. Which is what a certain trio doing, waiting in line for their turn. Since it’s the start of the week, Monday, the airport is being exceptional busy with departures and arrivals.

“Good morning, where to?” the ticketing woman greeted them with a smile. Kagami hands over three passports to her, “Los Angeles, America. We’ve booked three tickets last night for the first flight today.” Kagami added as the lady checked the ticketing lists for confirmations.

“Yes, they’re reserved under Mr. Kagami Taiga.” After several exchanged of information’s registrations and baggage is being hand over the counter, the trio went to the Starbucks. The two took a seat on one of the empty table while Kagami went to get some drinks and snacks. Himuro turns on his laptop as he hummed a soft tune when he heard the jazz music echoes throughout the café. While Kuroko sat quietly in the car next to him, her orbs stare into the nothingness outside the glass window.

From afar, Kagami took a glance at the bluenette before he bores holes onto the floor, while waiting for his turn to order some drinks.

[Flashback] 

Kagami barged into the quiet hospital and went directly to the counters where two nurses were there. He held Kuroko wrist firmly. “Where’s Midorima? Doctor Midorima Shintaro.” He demands, the nurses flinched at his tone. “You shouldn’t make such a ruckus at this hour, you’re disturbing the patients.” The owner of the said name furrowed.

“Come with me.” The green haired doctor motioned them to follow him, as another nurse quickly follows up to assist the doctor.

Kagami didn’t budge off from where he stood in the examination room watching from the side, where Midorima spoke a word or two to his assistant as she jolted down several notes for the doctor. He could see the forest green haired doctor frowned after the check up. He said something to the bluenette but she remained unresponsive.

“Well?” Kagami approached the doctor when Midorima took a seat at his working table. “I found no physical injuries on her that can cause this.” The red head frowned. “Then why did she los—“

Midorima cut off the bassist, “HOWEVER, psychological stresses can also cause this.” He looked sharply at the red head. Kagami looked away. “Tell me, Kagami. What happened?” he pressed on the subject.

“It was my fault…” his first tightens, crumpling his jeans. “If I hadn’t let her to be close to him again…if I hadn’t brought her along yesterday…” Midorima knows all too well that, this will not happen unless the patient faced severe stress/pressure. Which he suspected, everything has to do with Akashi.

“By him, you mean Akashi Seijuro.”

Kagami flared up as he stood and slammed his hands onto the table. “YES! AKASHI BASTARD SEIJURO! I gave him a chance to fix his friendship with her and he destroyed it! When I thought I could put an ounce of trust in him, he fucked it all up!” The whole room went dead silent as all eyes looking at him. . Kagami realized he went out of line so he sat back onto the chair. “Sorry…” he mumbles quietly.