If We Were a Movie...

(C/n) opened the door to the sight of what looked like a huge cardboard box with legs. In reality it was just you with your face obscured behind your unsuccessful attempt to whittle down all the films you'd wanted to bring to his house.

He leaned against the doorframe. "You know what, you should carry a box in front of your face all the time, it's much pleasanter."

He could picture the outrage on your face as your muffled words reached him from behind the cardboard, "Shut up and give me a hand, (c/n), I think my fingers are about to snap off!"

He chuckled, but made no attempt to move from his spot in the doorway, "Actually, I'm enjoying the view, so..."

"(C/N)!!!!" You flung yourself towards him, forcing him out of your way and the box into his hands.

He stumbled back a few steps before catching himself as you closed the door behind you and kicked off your shoes.

"How did you make it to the door carrying this?" He asked, "I can barely see over the top myself!"

You pouted patronisingly, before remembering that he probably couldn't see you, and teasingly enquired, "Do you need me to lead you to your living-room?"

He considered his options: was going along with your joke worth sacrificing his pride? To be honest, yes. He knew what a kick it gave you, and if you leading him involved you guys touching in any way, he was already beyond down for it.

Was that creepy?

It was probably creepy.

"I think I may need some assistance..."

You grinned, and you skipped over, grabbed his hand, making sure that he wouldn't drop the box, and dragged him through to his living-room.

You both felt mini Catherine wheels  flare up in the pits of your stomachs, but neither of you outwardly acknowledged them.

Just friends... you both thought to yourselves determinedly.

You reluctantly let go of him as you reached the beanbags he'd set up for you to sit on in front of the TV, and he set the box down with a sigh and a grin. "There, now we can finally see each other!"

You grinned back mischievously. "To be honest, I really didn't miss your face."

He rolled his eyes, still smiling. "Well, I missed yours, so I guess that just means I'm a nicer person than you."

Your heart rate rose a little.

Just friends.

You stuck out your tongue, and feigned arrogance."Who wouldn't miss this face, though?"

"A person with no brain." (C/n) muttered.

You looked up from where you'd been rummaging through your DVDs, "Huh?"

"Oh, nothing." He smiled, kneeling down next to you and pulling out a few films, refusing to meet your eyes.

Just friends.

You raised your eyebrows, but said nothing, instead leaning your head against his shoulder and wailing "I can't deciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!!" as you tossed the films you'd been holding to the floor melodramatically.