Here Comes the Sun

You glanced up at the clock nervously, and then returned your gaze to your exam paper, scribbling furiously.

Eight minutes.

Eight minutes until freedom.

Freedom from GCSEs, freedom from revision, freedom from the crushing stress and pressure that you'd been suffocating in for the past two years.

Eight minutes until summer began.

You finished your sentence and relaxed in your chair; you'd already checked the rest of your answers, so you'd finished with five minutes to spare. You made good use of those five minutes thinking about your boyfriend, (c/n), and all the fun things you had planned for this extra long summer. He was sat somewhere behind you, and it was all you could do not to turn around and pull a face at him.

Plan Number One was going camping...

"You're kidding me, right?" (C/n) stared at you in disbelief as you shook your head, grinning at his unabashed horror.

You shrugged. "Nope."

You were cuddling on his bed after a long day of revision, and you were watching a film on his laptop. The characters had gone camping together, and you'd just happened to mention the fact that you'd never been camping, not expecting it to elicit such an extreme reaction.

"How come?" He demanded.

"No reason, I just haven't." You told him, rolling your eyes at him playfully.

"But... but... I thought it was something that everybody's parents forced upon them." You laughed at his genuine confusion.

"Not mine."

You saw his eyes gleam resolutely as an idea formed in his mind. Oh God, what had you let yourself in for?

"Your parents might've let you get away with it, but I'm not going to - we're going camping together this summer." He informed you, his tone leaving no room for negotiation.

"Oh really?" You raised an eyebrow skeptically.

"Really." He smirked down at you.

You sat up and brought your face much closer to his, and you felt his breathing hitch ever so slightly as you ran a hand across his chest. "Ask me nicely and I might consider it."

You could tell from the look in his eyes that he wanted to be stubborn, but when you were this close to his lips he'd do anything you asked him. "How would you like to go on a romantic camping getaway with me?"

You chuckled. "I'm not sure sleeping in a bag on the muddy ground classifies as romantic, but sure." Giving him a quick peck on the lips, you settled down once more with your head tucked into the crook of his arm.

He ran his fingers through your hair as you both turned your attention back to the film, only to find that the two love interests in the film were getting rather, uh, hot and heavy in their tent. You smirked in amusement, and (c/n) pressed his mouth to your ear, murmuring. "Now I really can't wait for our little camping trip..."

You smacked his chest playfully, and he laughed as he began tickling you until you shut him up with a kiss.

You sighed, buzzing with excitement.

Three minutes.

Plan Number Two was a visit to the zoo...

You pushed him back and tried to walk away from him and that horrific physics exam, but he grabbed your waist and pulled you back to him, holding you so your back was pressed tightly against his chest and kissing your head.